Lead Project Manager
Wood Thilsted is a boutique engineering consultancy company focused on all aspects of foundation design and project development within the offshore
Wood Thilsted is a boutique engineering consultancy company focused on all aspects of foundation design and project development within the offshore wind energy industry. We operate globally with projects located in Northern Europe, North America and Asia, and deliver foundation designs and expertise for industry-leading projects and clients. We currently employ a staff of over 160, working from offices in the UK, Denmark, Poland, USA, Japan and Taiwan with continued growth foreseen.
As a company, we strive for technical excellence and to provide the best overall value to our clients’ projects. We pride ourselves on our combined achievements, delivered through our broad and diverse team expertise, to create the optimal and most suitable site-specific design. We have a strong company culture based on mutual trust, honesty, knowledge sharing and a friendly social environment.
We have a number of large foundation detailed design projects in offshore wind, as well as a continuous stream of concept and FEED studies. We continue to strengthen the way we deliver these diverse projects, implementing state of the art project management and problem solving, and we are seeking talented people to join the team.
Due to our continued success and growth, we are searching for an ambitious Lead Project Manager to be a part of the Wood Thilsted Team and to support the future development of the company.
Areas of responsibility: As a Lead Project Manager, your main assignment will be to successfully deliver and coordinate major design projects, in collaboration with in-house technical teams. In your role you will:
- Be primary client contact and project management lead for detailed design projects delivering offshore wind farm foundation designs for high-profile sites. You will work alongside supporting project managers and support staff in order to achieve this.
- Manage client requirements, change, risk and budget across work packages, supporting the technical teams to deliver their best work.
- Work closely with the project design team, engaging in technical topics and key design decision making. You will have the pleasure of working with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
- Supervise and prepare detailed documentation regarding the development of the project requirements, programme, resource/budget, risk register and general project management reporting
- Ensure that WT deliverables meet the required quality and scope requirements.
- Regularly engage clients and form a key contact between the WT team and external parties, actively working to deliver a successful project for all. You will play a part in developing our strong network in the industry.
- Contribute towards tendering and the development of unique tools for offshore wind project management.
The primary work location will be in Denmark, based in our Copenhagen office, with the opportunity to spend a portion of you week working from home. You may expect some travelling in relation to your work and there are potential opportunities, if desired, for placements abroad.
Thriving in an international environment, with a strong drive to deliver and Improve, you will take the initiative and responsibility for the variety of assignments Wood Thilsted can offer. Motivated by creating excellent results through teamwork, you will have strong communication and interpersonal skills, be fluent in English, and use these to liaise with clients and other consultants effectively.
Furthermore, it is an advantage if you have:
- 10+ years of relevant experience leading and taking accountability of projects, ideally in offshore wind, but alternatively other technologies or complex projects - for example aviation, defence or civil engineering. We are keen to bring in experience and good practices form other industries.
- Hold a master’s degree or higher, preferably from a technical discipline such as civil, mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Very strong decision-making skills and judgement capabilities to balance and prioritise competing requirements
- A good understanding of typical engineering contracts
- A well-tuned sense of personnel needs and experience of achieving high levels of project team wellbeing
- A well-organized mindset, which can adapt to the dynamic needs of a high-growth company
In Wood Thilsted, the process is just as important as the goal. We are looking for the best fit for our growing team, recognise this may not always fit a standard model, and are open to discussing alternative working patterns if you need.
In return we offer you excellent opportunities to influence your daily work, develop new competencies and work on interesting projects. At Wood Thilsted, we care about our people and we are committed to a brighter future. We have defined our set of values and behaviors that are at the heart of everything we do. Our work environment is a place where everyone can be themselves and be their best. We are result-orientated and innovation-driven at a high professional level and with excellence in delivery. Besides this we also offer competitive salary packages, pension, health and life insurance as well as flexibility in working hours and locations.
Any questions: Please reach out to Angela Holst International HR Business Partner: email@example.com
Apply: Please apply using the "Ansøg" link where you will have the opportunity to upload a CV and enter your details for consideration.
You can read more about us by visiting our website: https://www.woodthilsted.com/ or our Linkedin page for the newest updates.
Wood Thilsted is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive and supportive environment for all employees. While we do not use closing dates, Wood Thilsted reserve the right to close a role at any time.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder