Lead Metocean and Load Specialist for offshore support structure design
Would you like to join a highly skilled team dedicated to deliver state-of-the-art support structures for our worldwide offshore wind farm portfolio?
Join us and become Lead Metocean and Load Specialist in our Metocean Assessment and Structural Loads team where you’ll be technically responsible for metocean assessment and load calculations for the design and re-assessment of wind turbine support structures. You’ll join a strong group of 25 experts in the Metocean and Loads department in which responsibilities also include our in-house aero-elastic load simulation tool, WTG modelling, load measurement analyses and load verification.
Your key tasks will be to
- give technical support and guidance to our specialists who assess metocean conditions for design and reassessment of offshore support structures and who prepare and perform load calculations as part of an iterative support structure design process
- set targets and direction for processes, tools and deliverables within our domain of expertise
- lead development of our methodologies to meet future needs
- ensure technical quality of deliverables and support discussions with certification bodies
- support management in driving change initiatives.
The support structure designs are performed in an iterative process in close cooperation with our steel designers, geotechnical engineers and wind turbine manufacturers.
Your competences include that you
- have a master’s degree in engineering and proven technical leadership experience in assessment of metocean conditions and loads for offshore structures or load analysis of offshore wind turbines
- have a thorough understanding of and extensive experience in applying structural dynamics, hydrodynamics, aero-elasticity, stochastic processes and/or statistics
- can convert customer needs and complex problems into manageable tasks.
As a person, you have a strong desire to improve and challenge methods and processes. Additionally, you’re action-oriented, and you thrive by delivering through others just as you transmit your passion to your colleagues. You have a pragmatic approach to problem solving and are able to navigate and cooperate in a complex matrix organisation with many stakeholders. Finally, you provide and welcome feedback.
You thrive in an international environment, working with colleagues at different levels and with various nationalities and cultural backgrounds. Thus, it’s essential that you have excellent communication skills and speak and write English fluently.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 7 June 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Mads Bredsgaard Randers, Team Leader of Metocean Assessment and Structural Loads, by telephone on +45 9955 4782 or Torben Søndergaard, Manager of Metocean and Loads, by telephone on +45 9955 7125 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.