Would you like to play a central role in implementing the intellectual property rights strategy in the world's largest offshore wind energy developer and operator?
Join us and become Lead IPR Specialist in R&D where you’ll be responsible for screening opportunities to secure patent applications or trade secret protection of new inventions in cooperation with the development project teams. Negotiating and concluding licence agreements and ensuring a high level of understanding of the IPR strategy will also be on your list of responsibilities. The IPR function is part of the R&D department, where you’ll have nine other colleagues and will be working closely with the entire R&D programme, which ensures development of new knowledge, technologies, tools and systems for the main elements of an offshore wind power plant. The projects are often carried out in cooperation with other developers or research institutions.
Your key tasks will be to
- be responsible for driving the process of identifying inventions in-house, lead the IPR team to determine the right protection strategy and potentially lead external patent agents to prepare patent applications
- be responsible for negotiating licence agreements with external patent holders
- participate in the Technology Forum regarding IPR matters
- manage the patent application portfolio
- develop internal training and awareness material and conduct training courses on IPR strategy and implementation of relevant processes.
Due to the nature of Offshore as a technology integrator, the variety of IPR tasks is very broad and the focus of the Lead IPR Specialist will be to understand the business context and ensure adaptation of the IPR strategy and approach to the needs of the business as well as excellent collaboration across functions.
Your competences include that you
- have a master’s degree in engineering or law
- have extensive experience with a similar IPR function in a private company, preferably in Europe
- preferably have a background as a patent attorney or are on your way to becoming one
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks
- speak and write English fluently.
Furthermore, you thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders.
Christina Aabo, Head of R&D, Offshore, by email on email@example.com or on telephone +45 9955 7561.
Application deadline: 1 August 2019. Interviews will be conducted on a continous basis.
Place of employment: Gentofte or Skærbæk near Fredericia
Additional info: You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.