Join us in this role where you’ll be pushing the boundaries of offshore geotechnics. You’ll be responsible for providing senior support to our asset projects as well as maturing technical roadmaps and drive development initiatives for future site characterisations and integrated and automated ground modelling across our global offshore wind project portfolio. You’ll use your experience within offshore geotechnics to push the technical development forward and strengthen the competences within the team.
Welcome to Geotechnical Site Assessment
You’ll be part of our Geotechnical Site Assessment team where you’ll be working in close collaboration with many talented colleagues from around the world who are passionate about their work and enjoy working together as a team. We offer exciting opportunities for you to apply your strong skills in soil mechanics and site characterisations to challenge the status quo and push developments within applied offshore geotechnics forward.
You’ll play an important role in:
- providing senior geotechnical support to our offshore wind projects and your colleagues to ensure high-quality and state-of-the-art deliverables
- driving the development of new techniques, methodologies, and tools for integrating geotechnical and geophysical survey results for optimised and automated 3D ground modelling in close collaboration with our geophysicists and geologists
- defining and leading the development of technical roadmaps within site characterisation and ensuring implementation of new methodologies in the team and projects
- establishing and maintaining strong collaboration across various engineering disciplines within the company
- the continuous engagement with our many stakeholders and supply chain to ensure fit-for-purpose site characterisations for the various facilities at site
- engaging with our R&D organisation and Senior Lead and Chief Specialists to ensure alignment of technical roadmaps with the overall company strategy.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s or PhD degree in geotechnical engineering or equivalent
- have significant experience in geotechnical offshore site characterisation, including scoping, analyses, and interpretation of in situ and laboratory testing and results
- have experience with interpretation, both qualitative and quantitative, of geophysical survey data as well as geophysical logging methods
- are self-motivated, take responsibility, and can manage many different tasks simultaneously
- have a results-oriented approach to your work and show initiative and drive to ensure that things you are responsible for are moving forward
- have very strong communication skills and speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 16 August 2020.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Kris Wessel Andersen, Head of Geotechnical Site Assessment, by telephone on +45 99 55 10 71 if you’d like to know more about the position. Please note that Kris will be on holiday in the period 13 July to 2 August and thus limited availability should be expected in that period.
For the UK, please contact email@example.com if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
You should expect to do occasional travelling both domestically and internationally in relation to your work.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.