Wood Thilsted is an advancing engineering company specialising in geotechnical and structural engineering of offshore wind farms. We are operating globally with projects located in Northern Europe, Asia and North America. The company currently employs 40 working from offices in Denmark and the UK, and we are searching for a highly ambitious Lead Geotechnical Engineer to join our company.
To our clients, we offer ground engineering services and management advice on wind farm developments, as well as design and structural analysis of foundations. As a company, we strive for technical excellence and to provide the best overall value to the projects developed by our clients. We also aim to internally have a strong culture based on mutual trust, knowledge sharing and a good social atmosphere.
Areas of responsibility: As a Lead Geotechnical Engineer, your main objective will be to provide high-quality geotechnical support to our clients in the offshore wind industry.
Typical areas of work are likely to include:
- Due diligence and site selection for offshore wind farms.
- Scoping, tendering, management and supervision of offshore geotechnical site investigations.
- Specification of laboratory testing.
- Site characterisation including ground modelling and geotechnical interpretation.
- Soil structure interaction and geotechnical foundation design.
- Review technical analysis and reports prepared by others.
- Line management and leading projects.
- Liaise with clients and maintain our strong network within the industry.
The opening applies for either of our offices in Copenhagen, Vejle, London or Bristol, based on local terms and conditions. There may be some travelling in Northern Europe, North America or Asia in relation to your work. Opportunities for short or long-term postings abroad may be a possibility.
Your background: You should hold a master's degree in civil or geotechnical engineering or equivalent. You should thrive in an international environment and speak and write English fluently. You have a strong drive and take initiative and responsibility for your assignments and you get motivated by creating excellent results through teamwork.
Furthermore, it is advantageous if you:
- Have proven experience in delivering large projects, preferably with strong technical geotechnical focus including geotechnical interpretation and soil structure interaction design methodologies.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with clients and other consultants effectively.
- Have minimum 10+ years of relevant experience as a professional engineer.
In return we offer you excellent opportunities to influence your daily work, develop new competences, work on interesting assignments.
Applicants for Associate Directors will also be considered.
Apply: Please apply using the "Ansøg" link where you will have the opportunity to upload a CV and enter your details for consideration.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.