Lead Fabrication Specialist (m/f/d)
Join us and play a key role regarding the specification and continuous improvement of our technical requirements to the foundation supply contracts as a part of our global expansion.
Imagine a future where you play a key role in enabling the global production of our offshore wind turbine foundations
Join us and play a key role regarding the specification and continuous improvement of our technical requirements to the foundation supply contracts as a part of our global expansion. You’ll also be a part of the team that solves issues related to the manufacturing process of our monopile and jacket foundations.
Welcome to Foundations
In Foundations, we‘re responsible for the development, design, certification, and fabrication phases for offshore wind turbine foundations. You’ll be part of the Fabrication Specialist team where you, together with your colleagues, will have a great impact on the efficient execution of our foundation projects by ensuring the integrity and precision in our employer’s requirements. In this dedicated team of experienced specialists, we offer an exciting role with unique opportunities for personal development. We provide a large degree of flexibility regarding working hours and value the balance to the life outside work.
You’ll play an important role in:
- preparing and updating our technical specifications/employer’s requirements regarding structural steel, welding, and related processes
- ensuring that the package of technical specifications is coherent in its entirety
- collaborating with other preparers of technical specifications from our engineering departments
- communicating constructively and efficiently with certifying bodies
- ensuring that our documentation requirements to the suppliers are consistent and precise.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are an expert in preparing technical documentation
- have comprehensive experience in execution standards as well as constructive and efficient communication internal colleagues and with certifying bodies
- are a highly skilled communicator, speak and write English fluently, thrive in an international environment, and have a flair for building relations to stakeholders
- have experience with design and preferably some supervision of steel structures
- thrive in an agile professional environment and appreciate the importance of adaptability and changing needs
- have a relevant educational background such as a MS.c./Bc. in civil or mechanical engineering, preferably but not necessarily combined with an IWI, IWT, IWE, or similar.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us in English no later than 22 October 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.
For Denmark, please don’t hesitate to contact Christian Ulrich Barfoed, Senior Manager, on +4599556714 if you’d like to know more about the position. Until 9 August, please only call on Thursdays and Fridays between 19:00-21:00 CEST.
For Germany, please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations DE on firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do extensive travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be visiting our fabrication sites globally to carry out inspections and provide support to the Ørsted site team.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.