It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is seeking a Lead Engineer in sensors and controls for O&M of utility-scale, hybrid energy systems (e.g. combinations of wind, solar, electrolyzes and energy storage). The first projects are planned and you will be key in linking research and design with real world application.
How to contribute to our vision
The lead engineer will work within the Global Services Business Unit. He / she will liaise with key global and regional stakeholders in best practice condition monitoring, operation and control of hybrid parks, evaluating in-field systems and driving innovation for system enhancements. The role will report directly to the Head of Integrated Energy Services, within the Global Service R&D Directorate.
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. We are also looking for…
- Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Systems, or related field
- Strong expertise and experience in embedded systems design and development, with preference to experience directly applicable to renewable industry
- Knowledge of AC/DC high, medium, low voltage and control circuits with advanced knowledge and strong experience in designing low and medium voltage systems
- Working knowledge of the renewable industry, its standard electrical components and control architectures
- Self-starter, with ability to lead technical R&D initiatives, while also supporting globally distributed teams
- Ability and interest in developing and/or reviewing engineering documentation and support materials
- Good organizational skills, with ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Strong experience in wind park and/or solar park control and SCADA development, operation, and troubleshooting, with preference to experience with hybrid park controllers.
- Experience with grid interconnection requirements and grid codes, power analysis and site-specific solutions
- Must be willing to travel up to 20% time for domestic and international travel
In return of your commitment we offer you…
Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come. We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality. We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization. Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable) and local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact the hiring manager Simon Kristensen via phone +45 2469 0272
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
Please apply in English via the apply button.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
For more information about working in Denmark, please see this link: https://www.siemensgamesa.com/explore/journal/wind-engineers-in-denmark
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder