Lead Engineer for Energy Storage
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is seeking a Lead Engineer for development of O&M programs for utility-scale battery storage.
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
In Siemens Gamesa Service R&D we lead the effort to be at the forefront of what positive impact new technologies can have for our environment and business. We are a team that explore new technologies such as drones, AI, batteries and Power to gas and take them from idea to real life test.
In short, we want colleagues who can bring forth ideas and enjoy working in a team to test them. Some ideas will fail, and some will turn out to be relevant to implement and you will be involved in it all the way.
How to contribute to our vision
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is seeking a Lead Engineer for development of O&M programs for utility-scale battery storage. The lead engineer will work within the Global Services Business Unit, liaising with key global and regional stakeholders in development of “best practice” operation and maintenance programs for battery storage. This person will play key role in developing operational methodologies for asset optimization of storage technologies. The successful candidate will have prior, “hands on” experience in battery system operation, performance testing and characterization. The role reports directly to the Head of Integrated Energy Services, within the Global Service R&D Directorate.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Electronics, or related field
- Strong experience in battery performance diagnostics, testing and characterization
- Strong experience in operation and maintenance of utility scale battery storage systems, including lithium-ion based systems
- Theoretical and experimental understanding of battery chemistries / physics
- Self-starter, with ability to lead technical initiatives and globally distributed teams
- Good organizational skills, with ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Must be willing to travel up to 20% time for domestic and international travel
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Postgraduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Electronics, or related field
- Experience with battery modelling and optimization for grid applications
- Familiarity with EHS/QM standards and best practices in battery systems design, operation, maintenance, and recycling
- Familiarity with factory/site acceptance testing and commissioning of battery storage systems
- Industry and/or research experience with emerging energy storage technologies including flow batteries, thermal storage, hydrogen, ammonia or similar power to x technologies.
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. We are looking for a creative mindset combined with interest in developing solutions hands-on. You need to be curious, explorative and willing to put in the hard work for realizing the ideas. We always work in teams that goes across different organizations, countries and cultures and we look for colleagues who build bridges to external and internal partners.
In return of your commitment we offer you…
Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come. We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality. We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization. Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable) and local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact Head of R&D Simon Steen Kristensen at +45 24690272
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via email@example.com. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
Please apply in English via the apply button.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder