Lead Engineer, Array Cable Installation
For our Offshore market unit we are looking for a Lead Engineer, Cable installation, who will be responsible for the specification..
For our Offshore market unit we are looking for a Lead Engineer, Cable installation, who will be responsible for the specification of Inter Array Cable installation in EPC projects including conceptual design, installation and test plans for the offshore installation, termination and testing.
We offer a unique and challenging job, with excellent opportunities of developing new competencies in the niche area of design and installation of subsea cables at large wind power plants. You will be working with current technologies, but also to a high degree with new innovative and groundbreaking technologies in the leading company for offshore wind, adding to a greener future for the world.
What are my responsibilities?
The department provides complete packages within array cable system designs, concepts for supply and installation including the tender process and technical supplier qualification and you are a major contributor to these activities. You combine a strong insight in cable system installation with a project mindset leading to cost efficient solutions.
You are already highly specialized in cable installation concepts including work break down structures and processes and you continuously aims for new learning in technologies and methods, thereby ensuring best technical and cost optimized solutions.
More specifically your tasks will include:
- Responsibility for development of installation concepts and technical requirements for installation of cables and related equipment, supported by desktop studies, feasibility studies, interface specifications, logistics, etc.
- Identifying, understanding and describing interfaces, installation concepts and risks
- Undertake technical requirements for tender process with following evaluation of technical offers from subcontractors and participate during technical negotiations and contract work with suppliers
- Support in securing quality assurance of suppliers including pre-qualification and assessments of supplier performance
- During project execution, support in evaluation and monitoring the fulfillment of contractual obligations, including time schedule and progress of suppliers
- Responsibility for continuous development and improvement of processes, documentation and methods
- Define Best practice architecture and methods for installation.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You hold a B.Sc.EE, M.Sc.EE (electrical power systems, mechanics, geotechnical) or alternative relevant education
- You have 3+ years of relevant offshore cable installation experience from one or more of the following areas: Offshore cable installer business, Wind turbine business, Oil&Gas, TSO, Manufacturing or Consultancy. Preferably with experience from international offshore project organizations
- You possess strong analytical/logical skills
- Enthusiastic about learning new areas of especially subsea cables and optimized processes, and participating in building our new competence center in subsea cable supply and installation
- Structured, proactive and self-driven, and a flexible approach to your tasks
- You are able to share your learnings and experiences verbal and in writing with your colleagues and project team members
- Your personality is characterized as positive, open minded and self-driven enabling you to work with colleagues from multiple cultures in a large international organization
- And most of all, you love the fun and challenges by building the largest wind farms in the world.
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Denmark is a core part of Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 7.500 employees out of a global staff of more than 27.000 work with wind power solutions in Denmark. Read more at www.siemens.com/windpower.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
By joining Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy you will become part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is an important part of the agenda. We prioritize being responsible for our employees’ health and well-being, and we offer many employee benefits.
Apply online in English for the job via the "Ansøg" link. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
For specific information about the position, please contact the hiring manager, Carsten Christiansen via phone: +45 3037 6951.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via email@example.com. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email cannot be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder