Wood Thilsted is a consulting engineering company specialised in geotechnical and structural engineering within the offshore renewable energy industry. We are operating globally with projects located in Asia, North America and Northern Europe. We currently employ a staff of 130, working from offices in Denmark, UK, Scotland, Taiwan and the US with a continued growth foreseen in the near future.
As a company, we strive for technical excellence and to provide the best overall value to our clients’ projects. We also aim to have a strong culture based on mutual trust, honesty, knowledge sharing and a good social atmosphere. Due to the success and growth of the company, we are searching for an ambitious Lead Electrical Engineer with an Engineering background to be a part of the Wood Thilsted team and to support the future development of the company.
We have a number of large detailed design projects in offshore wind, as well as a continuous stream of concept and FEED studies, plus design work on several innovative concepts (outside of the currently accepted foundation concepts for offshore wind) including floating structures. We continue to strengthen the way we manage these diverse projects, implementing state of the art project management thinking, and we are seeking talented people to join the team.
The primary work location will be one of our offices in Copenhagen, Aarhus, Vejle, London, Bristol, Edinburgh. However, given our teams, clients and projects are spread internationally across Northern Europe, North America and South-East Asia, you may expect some travelling in relation to your work, both nationally and internationally. In addition, there may be opportunity during your employment for long-term or short-term postings abroad.
Areas of responsibility: As a Lead Electrical Engineer, your main assignment will be to deliver or manage the delivery of the design the Low Voltage electrical equipment for offshore wind turbine platforms as part of our detailed design projects. In your role, you will:
- Scope out and price the work required
- Interact with the client and the rest of the Wood Thilsted project team to specify and obtain the required input
- Manage the delivery of the Low Voltage electrical design work. This may either include delivering the work yourself for, e.g. concept stage design, managing subcontractors, or as the company grows, built and manage a team of LV engineers to delivering the work.
- Quality check the work delivered
Your background: You should hold a master’s degree or higher in electrical engineering. You should also have experience overseeing the work of project teams and/or subcontractors.
It is essential that you:
- Have experience in delivering the design of low voltage equipment for offshore wind platforms or wind turbine generators;
- Are well organised and able to keep track of multiple aspects of work, re-appraising and re-prioritising activities throughout the project lifecycle as both your team’s availability and the client’s requirements evolve;
- Are able to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients, consultants and contractors through a variety of media, including both web-based telecommunication and face-to-face meetings;
- Are a team player;
- Are pro-active in your efforts to engage with others;
- Demonstrate a strong drive to fulfil your assignments, and a willingness to take the initiative when faced with opportunities to exceed expectations;
- Possess excellent numeracy, literacy, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Are fluent in the use of standard office software such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.;
Furthermore, it is advantageous if you have experience of some of the following:
- 5+ years relevant experience as an electrical engineer in the wind turbine industry;
- A solid understanding of Client liaison;
- Working within different types of contractual arrangements, for example as a client, as a consultant/contractor, as a collaborative partner, etc.;
- Developing proposals for engineering contracts;
- An appreciation of the current and projected scales of the offshore wind sector, including different turbine and foundation technologies, and the different types of challenges prominent in different regions of the global market;
- Development of bespoke software, especially targeting streamlined/automated processes/reporting workflows
In return we offer you excellent opportunities to influence your daily work, develop new competences and work on interesting projects.
Apply: Please apply using the "Ansøg"-button where you will have the opportunity to upload a CV and enter your details for consideration.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder