Lead Continuous Improvement Specialist for offshore wind farm operation and maintenance
Would you like to drive continual improvements within operation and maintenance at our offshore wind farms in Denmark and the northern parts of Europe?
Join us and become Lead Continuous Improvement Specialist in the Continuous Improvement Continental EU & APAC department where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for implementing a continuous improvement culture and practice at our operations and maintenance sites and headquarters, supporting local improvement initiatives and delivering cross-site improvement and standardisation projects. The department is part of Operations Excellence and is physically based in both Denmark and Germany.
Your key tasks will be to
- support implementation of the Operations (lean) Production System through on-site implementation projects at operations and maintenance sites across our portfolio
- work directly with the local site management teams and technicians to support the region operations and maintenance business in building a continuous improvement culture, including providing training, coaching and mentoring in a range of lean and continuous improvement tools and techniques
- support the personal development of a network of local improvement champions, including managers, supervisors and technicians from the operations and maintenance teams – located at each site in the regional cluster
- lead continuous improvement projects at a site or a regional cluster of sites, e.g. by optimising maintenance routines
- support the management (all levels) lean leadership transformation by providing training, coaching and mentoring.
Your competences include that you
- have a master’s degree or equivalent qualifications
- have proven experience in applying well-developed problem-solving skills (quantitative, conceptual, analytical)
- are able to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing in English
- have a strong interest in and passion for coaching or mentoring others
- have significant relevant work experience, including design/execution of lean and/or Six Sigma operational improvement projects.
Moreover, you should have experience with driving business-critical projects, facilitating workshops and engaging with stakeholders at all levels from top management to technicians. You have an infectious passion for continuous improvement and as you’ll be working remotely from your colleagues in Continuous Improvement, it’s essential that you thrive on working independently as well as within international, dynamic and rapidly changing teams. In addition, you’re a confident self-starter who sets your own goals and motivates those around you to help you deliver them.
Preferably, you have qualifications in formal improvement methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma combined with knowledge and practical experience of managing operations using formal quality, HSE and asset management systems, including ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 55001. Also, relevant experience from offshore wind operation and maintenance will be an advantage.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 8 October 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jesper Bonnesen, Manager of Continuous Improvement Continental EU & APAC, by telephone on +45 9955 9578 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
You’ll have close interactions with the Danish sites as well as North European and APAC sites. Regular travel (weekly) will be needed in relation to your work, including periods of project work based 3-4 days/week for e.g. three months at our offices and wind farms.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.