Lead Category Manager for foundation procurement in offshore wind
Would you like to be part of one of the most ambitious product line programmes in the industry?
Join us and become Lead Category Manager in Procurement for our offshore foundations where you’ll be responsible for our commercial baseline and be a key driver for our supply chain development in our global pipeline. You’ll be part of a highly capable team with both technical and commercial expertise.
Your key tasks will be to
- develop and drive sourcing strategies and projects and coordinate with our Wind Farm Projects and other product development areas
- demonstrate SCM excellence by executing supply chain strategies
- identify potentials of development and maintain a competitive supplier footprint
- set commercial targets in the category covering several products
- act as competence tower in FIDIC and contract management.
Moreover, conduct spend and cost structure analyses as well as governing our market research and intelligence. You’ll align the strategic decisions of product development and supply chain management with a variety of internal stakeholders and participate in establishing clear agreements with our wind farm development department. You’ll play a vital role in defining and executing a global supply chain development strategy with the department head and set the standard for procurement in the strategic framework in our current and new markets.
Your competences include that you
- have a master’s degree in engineering, law or in the commercial field and preferably relevant experience within a large fixed asset industry
- have a strong direction of business and supplier development combined with solid contract management experience
- are data driven with a strong profile within the technical and commercial discipline
- have strong negotiation and communication skills, enabling you to convey your message in a concise and efficient manner.
Furthermore, you should have a proven track record working directly with suppliers and experience from large, complex CAPEX projects, preferably from a strong matrix organisation. You have strong business acumen and understand the key drivers and levers that influence business performance. You speak and write English fluently and are innovative, can manage change and are constantly looking to challenge the norms to improve our business.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 29 August 2018, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Kasper Fuhrmann, Head of Foundations Procurement & Execution, by telephone on +45 9955 7181 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder