Would you like to focus on technical aspects and stakeholder analysis and be part of building cable connections globally across all our projects?
Join us and become Lead Cable Specialist in the High Voltage Cables Specialist department where you’ll be responsible for the technical governance and implementation of 33-400 kV offshore and onshore cable connections. You’ll be involved in all engineering phases from Research & Development to Operations & Maintenance related to our complete range of onshore and offshore cable systems for offshore wind farms across our markets.
You’ll be part of a department of highly skilled cable experts focusing solely on cable technology and onshore cable installation methods. The department is part of all offshore projects within the organisation, and you’ll therefore contribute to all projects with specialist knowledge on array and export cable technology, thermal and mechanical analysis, monitoring solutions, etc.
Your key tasks will be to
- develop and maintain technical requirements that contribute to ensuring that we remains the world’s leading offshore wind farm developer
- develop and implement best practice processes for cable specialist project assistance, including managing (primarily internal) stakeholders
- develop, perform and supervise thermal, electrical and mechanical calculations in accordance with latest standards and best practices
- ensure technical governance and quality across portfolio by analysing non-conformities in projects and creating lessons learnt in the organisation
- support the procurement team in evaluating the technical compliance of the various cable suppliers in terms of testing, design, accessories and termination work.
These tasks have been carefully chosen for you to enable us to continuously optimise projects in development and execution.
In addition to the above, one of your primary responsibilities will be to assist our existing wind farms in securing high availability on all assets. You’ll support the development of technical levers for optimising costs and time schedules on our projects in execution. Moreover, you will, together with the Senior Lead Specialist, verify new technologies, participate in conferences, participate in Cigré working groups and other R&D activities/workshops, ensure close collaboration with universities (including defining and supervising student/PhD projects) and mentor new employees.
Your competences include that you
- have a proactive and systematic approach to the technical tasks across the department
- have a strong background in both technical and commercial aspects related to cables
- have extensive experience working for a cable supplier, a TSO, a university or similar, with specific competences in subsea cable systems. A detailed knowledge of submarine cables standards is essential – including, but not limited to, CIGRE Technical Brochures, IEC, ICEA and AEIC
- have a master’s degree or a PhD in electrical engineering or similar
- speak and write English fluently.
You thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders. You’re independent and a strong initiator with ability to lead challenging issues within a complex matrix organisation.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 17 November 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Rasmus Aabye Olsen, Manager of HV Cable Specialists, by telephone on +45 6124 4380 if you’d like to know more about the position.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work, especially between our locations within Europe.
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may request a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.