At the VELUX Group, we give you the chance to grow. To shape your own career. To work in an international environment. To be part of a company that leads the market in sustainable indoor living. We offer you a world of opportunities – if you have the ability and the drive to take them. Discover more at velux.com/career or velux.dk/karriere
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact in a global purchasing organisation, which plays a central role in the development of market leading products?
Then join us and use your business acumen to work with a natural and sustainable product like wood. You will be sure to develop as you collaborate with a portfolio of suppliers and many different stakeholders.
As a lead buyer, you join us in Østbirk, Denmark, to focus on the category wood, including wood laminates, finger-jointed wood components, sawn timber and the FSC and PEFC chain of custody certification. Overall, you assume end-to-end responsibility for a portfolio of our suppliers, including our communication with them and our commercial and strategic agenda.
More specifically, you help us minimise our purchasing and production costs, while you ensure that development projects are accomplished in terms of time, price and quality. Thus, you enable good business solutions for the VELUX Group as you:
- Travel 30-40 days a year to visit our factories and negotiate commercial agreements with vendors across Europe
- Help develop our overall purchasing strategy focusing especially on the execution
- Execute RFI/RFQ processes and ensure correct purchasing master data in SAP
- Work with purchasing KPIs to enable supreme supplier performance and team results
- Collaborate with manufacturing units, Production Engineering, Technology and Product Development to optimise wood utilisation and develop our wood products
To succeed, you will need to establish effective relations with external suppliers and internal stakeholders. To achieve this, you will need strong communicative skills as well as the ability to make clear agreements. But above all, you want to use your business understanding in a commercial set-up. Your qualifications:
- You hold a commercial or technical degree within e.g. economics, forestry, supply chain management or engineering.
- You may be a recent graduate, but you may also have some experience from the wood processing industry or within purchasing.
- You are highly analytical, like data processing and are an experienced user of Excel.
- You communicate effortlessly in English and look forward to collaborating across borders.
In the VELUX Group, you will get an interesting and varying job with ample opportunity to influence your own development. It is a fact that we believe in empowering people, and we support this through sharing knowledge, delegating responsibility and continuous employee development.
On a day-to-day basis, you join an internationally dispersed category team of 7 lead buyers and a category manager in Global Purchasing. Thus, you can learn a lot about purchasing, and you always have someone to run your ideas, projects and agreements by.
“Commitment, mutual respect and teamwork means the world to us. And as you join us in an outgoing role to support our international matrix organisation, we will be sure to help you succeed,” says Category Manager Thomas Lyng-Jeppesen.
Application and contact
If you would like to know more about this opportunity and the VELUX Group, please feel free to contact Category Manager Thomas Lyng-Jeppesen at +45 4038 2776, or learn more about the VELUX Group at www.velux.com.
We look forward to receiving your application and CV as soon as possible.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +45 4038 2776