Lead Automation Engineer to help make our test automation strategy come true
Can you bring innovation and technical leadership to software test automation and make it work in a continuous delivery pipeline?
Join us and become Lead Automation Engineer in the Quality Management department in Agile Delivery where you’ll be responsible for driving our technical implementation, the test automation strategy, to support the overall DevOps strategy. You’ll be part of a team of 12 test and quality managers who work within the IT projects and Agile Release Trains and work closely together with our development and test centres in Poland and Malaysia.
Your key tasks will be to
- evolve our existing test automation strategy to align with our Devops and Test strategies, embed the strategy within our Agile Release Trains and support their teams to develop a cohesive and structured approach to test automation
- perform hands-on design and implementation of test automation frameworks and create a strong community within ARTS from a test automation perspective, especially between developers and testers to help drive test-first approach
- train and raise skill levels for Automation Engineers within tools and processes and contribute to the test automation stream in DevOps CoP
- support ARTs and Projects with proof of concept of testing tools from idea to evaluation
- strengthen the dialogue around test automation with Solution Architects, Developers, Test Engineers and DevOps profiles.
You’ll have a focus on enabling our Agile Release Trains to enhance skills, tools and infrastructure and provide a robust test automation to help stabilise the quality of our architecture framework, code, systems and releases.
Your competences include that you
- have a degree in computer science
- have experience with designing and implementing test automation in a DevOps framework and have a good understanding of the challenges facing the design, build, test and deployment and running large software-based applications on an enterprise-wide scale
- have experience with cross-discipline collaboration to promote test automation in agile teams and across the organisation
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks
- speak and write English fluently, thrive in an international environment and can develop good relationships with your stakeholders
- preferably have developed and maintained enterprise-wide automation strategies in the past.
You have experience driving the implementation of unit testing, integration testing and end-to-end regression testing with the purpose of getting stable test suites. You have preferably demonstrated your skills in a large-scale agile setup.
Knowledge of the SAFe framework and BiQ will be an advantage. Experience working with Azure DevOps and integration of build and release pipelines with test frameworks will be also be advantageous as well as knowledge of tools like Selenium, Angular and SonarQube.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 4 June 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Michael Englev, Head of Quality Management in Delivery, Design & Quality Experience by telephone on +45 9955 8937/+45 2620 0919 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may request a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.