Do you have experience working in LabVIEW? Do you want to be a part of our HiL (hardware-in-the-loop) development? Would you like to be part of a dynamic and innovative team which in collaboration with the rest of the department, comprising of nearly 40 skilled engineers, develops the engine control system for ships engines? Then we have the right job for you!
MAN Energy Solutions is leading the market when it comes to the development of two-stroke engines for propulsion of the largest ships in the world. In later years, there has been a large focus on increasing the flexibility of the engine control system via digitalization, and this is where you come in.
An ever-evolving career
We are looking for a highly engaged colleague to be a part of our function group, which supports other application engineers in the development of the engine control software. This software is a central part of a modern ship’s engine where it controls most parts of the functionality of the engine, e.g. making the reduction of harmful emission gasses possible.
When developing the engine control software it is essential to be able to perform tests in simulated environments as testing on actual ships engines would be a slow and costly affair. One of these simulated environments is our HiL test walls, in which software is tested on the same controllers as found onboard ships.
In this, you will have an important role in the further development and maintenance of before mentioned test walls and test software. Your primary task will consist of developing/programing the simulation software running on the test walls. It will prove an interesting task in a team in which you can expect contact with many of the software development departments.
There are good professional- as well as personal development possibilities and you can expect up to 10 days of international business trips a year, typically at locations in India and the rest of Asia.
We have a good sense of unity and there are social events throughout the year, in which we hope you will take part.
Your main tasks will consist among others of
- Development and implementation of simulation models
- Further development of our general HiL simulation system
- Reading electrical documentation. (we use PCschematic)
- Miscellaneous IT setups regarding our test facilities
As our new colleague you are self-driven, you have an analytic work process and the ability to create good and long range solutions. You are a high performer and result orientated in your work for which efficiency is key. You have good communication skills and a high level of professional competence and you wish to be social and work in collaboration with your co-workers. Other than that you have experience in working with agile methods such as SCRUM or Kanban.
In addition to the above:
- We imagine you hold a bachelor/master degree as an electrical engineer, a computer scientist or a marine engineer etc. preferably with a background in control of electromechanical systems
- You have a great deal of experience with complex LabVIEW systems such as Real-Time and FPGA. You have experience in simulation models of electromechanical systems
- You have knowledge of National Instrument cRIO and possibly WAGO
- You possibly have some experience in Python and possibly C++
What we offer you
- An informal work environment with a good atmosphere with a widespread willingness to help one another
- A competitive salary package including pension
- Flexible working hours
- Furthermore we offer our employees a range of other offers such as:
- Roof top cantina with a healthy and varied lunch
- An abundance of employee clubs and unions, ranging from sports to arts
- Insurance against critical illness, and access to physiotherapy
- Massage arrangement
- Discount clubs
Application and contact
Please apply via our website by clicking “ANSØG” and attach a motivated application, CV and other relevant attachments. Last date of application is set to the 15th of August 2020.
Interviews are held throughout application period.
Would you like any further information please contact Bjørn Eskildsen, Head of Department for Control Development System, email@example.com.
We are looking forward to hear from you.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.