Stensborg is a well-established company with more than two decades of experience in the mass-fabrication of high-precision micro- and nanostructured surfaces and components. The company’s equipment is sold to a broad range of ground-breaking applications where small optical components and nanostructure surfaces are being manufactured in high volumes and put to use within consumer electronics, medical devices, robotics, optical communications, and much more.
As our new chemistry lab assistant, you will be working closely with Stensborg’s team of engineers on improving the company’s products and services while enhancing your own knowledge and acquiring valuable real-life laboratory experience. You will become part of Stensborg’s R&D team, which develops process machinery and runs test batches for new and exciting applications of nanoimprint lithography.
Your job tasks would include:
- You will be given assignments for the formulation, testing, and evaluation of new polymer constructions.
- You will be operating equipment for testing existing materials
- You will be characterising, and capturing data for performance evaluation, and much more.
- You need to be a B.Sc. or M.Sc. student in the field of chemistry while having more than 12 months of studies left.
- You need to be able to communicate complex technical issues in high-level English or Danish.
- You need to be able to think outside of the box while creating practical solutions with your hands.
- You need to be able to conduct systematic tests as well as evaluate your results.
- You should be able to work independently while taking responsibility for your tasks.
- You should be able to work in a structured way.
- You need to be good at creative problem-solving.
- You should be willing to learn new things and be enthusiastic about challenging tasks as they motivate you to go the extra mile.
- You should have good communication and documentation skills.
What we offer:
- An attractive part-time position where you can transform your academic knowledge into practical skills.
- Flexible working hours that suit your university’s requirements - approximately 15 hours per week.
- A flat hierarchy set-up where everyone can bring their ideas to the table.
- An opportunity to learn from highly qualified engineers.
- Opportunity to gain experience in working with lab equipment.
- A learning environment with the possibility to grow.
- You will be working in our offices located near Risø national research campus north of Roskilde, Denmark.
If you are a student with the right skills and interests, then apply for the lab assistant with a focus on chemistry position at Stensborg A/S.
You will gain experiences that will kickstart your future career.
Please send us your application, including a motivational letter, CV, transcript of grades, and any other documents that display your qualifications for joining our team.
We conduct interviews on a continuous basis, therefore, do not hesitate to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.