At the VELUX Group, we give you the chance to grow. To shape your own career. To work in an international environment. To be part of a company that leads the market in sustainable indoor living. We offer you a world of opportunities - if you have the ability and the drive to take them.
At VELUX, we work to capture the newest technology, giving our products the vital edge that makes them the best in the industry.
Would you like to be one of the brilliant minds to discover and mature these technologies as part of a high-performing international team – while travelling the world?
Within our product development function in Brædstrup and Østbirk, you will join our Advanced Material Technology division. Here, over 25 talented colleagues from many different backgrounds work diligently on discovering emergent technologies that will become part of our future VELUX products. From glass coatings to window frame materials, we are the ones to discover, mature and test these before delivering them on the desk of our product development function.
”For every new discovery, we work to understand its potential and possible applications. We work in a flexible and agile environment, adapting to changing needs, which makes this position challenging and quite unique,” explains Kristian Damholdt Jørgensen, Head of Production Development, Advanced Technology.
Together with colleagues from the department and across VELUX, you will take part in
- Identifying, analysing and gathering insights on material and process technologies that meet the future needs and trends in the market
- Maturing these into concepts and test for key criteria such as performance, durability, quality, sustainability, applicability, processability, etc.
- Developing and presenting strategies for the technologies that carry the right potential
- Handing over concepts to product development and other relevant functions and support the further development processes
- You will work mainly in Brædstrup but visit our division in Østbirk regularly. You will also travel approximately 30 days per year, meeting stakeholders to collaborate and gain insight on new technology and build strategic partnerships.
We aren’t necessarily looking for long experience or specific knowledge for this position. What we do look for is your intelligent mind, creative approach, constant curiosity and the insatiable drive that always pushes you to go beyond your comfort zone to grow and deliver.
We also look for the ability to network and engage others in order to get things moving. It is equally important that you are able to view your projects from both a technological and business angle to ensure technical viability and business value in every project.
- Have a degree that gives you knowledge within technology or mechanics and preferably also business - e.g. constructional engineering, machine engineering, innovation management, product development and innovation, materials and process technology or similar
- May have some experience with consultancy, project management, concepting or similar - though it is not a must
- Are fluent in English
This is the position that will allow you to point at a VELUX product in the future and say “I made this possible” as you will work with strategically vital technologies that may shape our future products.
Furthermore, you will enjoy a lot of autonomy in this position as you will be driven partially by needs within VELUX and partially by your own curiosity. Found an exciting new material that you think could change the game? Go out into the world and capture it with us!
Application and contact
If you would like to know more about this opportunity and the VELUX Group, please feel free to contact Kristian Damholdt Jørgensen, Head of Production Development, Advanced Technology, on +45 2490 5870.
We look forward to receiving your application and CV as soon as possible.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.