Motorola Solutions is transforming the way we develop Infrastructure products, the way we deliver Infrastructure systems to users, and the way we operate Infrastructure systems so as to continually deliver end user services. The transformation is not only about technology and development processes; first and foremost it is about the user experience. To enable this Team Vanguard is responsible for the next generation platforms for Motorola Solutions’ radio communication infrastructure portfolio, including ASTRO25 and DIMETRA, Public Safety LTE and Professional Commercial Radio (PCR) systems. The platforms include among other computing server hardware and software as well as IP transport networks. Key characteristics of the platforms include continuous integration, continuous delivery, seamless upgrade and security patching.
Within Team Vanguard, the Product Management and Architecture team is responsible for defining and leading the strategy for successful implementation of the next generation platforms. The Product Management and Architecture team works closely in an international cross-functional team and on a daily basis collaborate closely with Development Engineering, Go-To-Market organizations, and external partners and sub-suppliers throughout the product development cycle to launch industry leading products into the market.
As a Product Manager you will be responsible for full lifecycle management of key products in Motorola Solution’s portfolio of products for mission critical radio communication. You are involved through all stages of a product’s lifecycle and works on a daily basis as part of the engineering agile scrum teams and in particular with product owners and product architects, to ensure short communication path from customer needs to engineering actions, as well as fast decision making.
- Assume Business leadership role in the development scrum teams to drive products to release to customers.
- Provide day-to-day product management support for your products as they are used in Motorola Solutions’ infrastructure systems.
- Develop and maintain business information including customer needs, competitive threats and financial information regarding supported products.
- Collect “voice of customer” input to determine customer needs related to product functionality and development.
- Develop business cases and complete and detailed product descriptions for selected products.
You are self-motivated with high energy and the ability to learn quickly. You are capable of handling a large number of diverse tasks and able to take leadership in a teaming environment. You have good analytical skills and technical aptitude with the ability to think creatively and objectively. You are able to effectively interface with a wide range of people and groups including customers, third-party vendors, sales, development engineering, production and marketing teams. Experience with IP transport networks and/or open market computing server hardware and open source software platforms are required. Software development skills and experience in agile development practices and DevOps is an advantage.
You have a genuine desire to deal with new challenges and difficulties as they occur and your ambition to learn and grow your skills helps you find ways to solve problems. We do have high expectations, but we will teach you and support you all the way in improving your skills and becoming successful in your new role.
- Taking ownership and driving results, balancing technical, product and business trade-offs.
- Commercial awareness combined with a clear technical understanding.
- A creative and inspiring mind. You are curious and fact-based, bold and caring.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills and navigate well in a multi-cultural environment.
- You are hard working and have a high degree of integrity.
- Good presentation skills and ability to clearly communicate your product vision.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken.
- Newly graduated with university degree in business, marketing or related field, or IT, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions’ innovations, products and services play essential roles in people’s lives. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.