Junior Offshore Cable Installation Specialist within Project Development, Offshore Cable Installation
Do you want to be part of the implementation of an efficient, flexible and green strategy for our power plants?
Join us and become a Junior Offshore Cable Installation Specialist in the Offshore Cable Installation Department. You'll become a valued team member in all aspects of developing new project prior to handing over to the Asset Project for construction. The department is responsible for the installation of all subsea cables from project conception to final handover. Working alongside multiple stakeholders, the development section provides crucial information vital for winning bids and ensuring feasible installation concepts.
Your key tasks will be to
- liaise with various stakeholders to fully understand each project and associated challenges
- undertake Cable Route Engineering, providing offshore cable routes for survey purposes and eventual installation
- provide cost estimates for bidding purposes
- fully document the development process prior to handover to the Asset Project.
In addition to these, you'll provide support and advice to the Asset Projects on multiple subjects which may require innovative solutions. You'll also highlight any associated risks and ensure that these are fully considered. Throughout your works, you'll strive to develop Best Practice methods, ensuring that repetition, becomes a thing of the past.
Your competences include that you
- enjoy learning and are willing to develop
- possess an analytical mindset
- are capable of switching from project to project, task to task, without compromising quality
- have excellent communication skills and speak and write English fluently
- embrace a result-oriented approach to your work and show initiative as well as the ability to compromise when required
- thrive on working both independently and together with your colleagues and stakeholders.
Although an offshore cable or marine background will ease your onboarding within the department, it's not seen as an advantage nor a requirement. It will be your ability to learn new skill sets, your adaptability and your commitment to making a difference that counts. International travel will be required and this should be considered. This could be a stepping stone to a new career path and Offshore Cable Installation Department would like to join you on that journey.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 28 March 2018, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For Denmark, please don't hesitate to contact Jacob Edmonds, Head of Offshore Cable Installation, by telephone on +45 9955 5034 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the United Kingdom, please don't hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +45 9955 5034