At the VELUX Group, we give you the chance to grow. To shape your own career. To work in an international environment. To be part of a company that leads the market in sustainable indoor living. We offer you a world of opportunities - if you have the ability and the drive to take them. Discover more at velux.com/career or velux.dk/karriere
Are you ready to learn everything you need to know about purchasing in an innovative company?
Start your purchasing career in a global purchasing organisation which plays a central role in the development of market-leading products.
At VELUX, you will get the opportunity to develop your skills, setting you on a path to become a lead buyer within a few years - or potentially a future category manager.
As our junior lead buyer, you will join one of our Global Purchasing Hubs in Denmark (Østbirk, Kolding or Skjern). Here, you will gain broad insight into different types of suppliers in various categories as you will support various category teams led by a category manager. This means that you will always have someone to run your ideas, projects and agreements by.
Under the guidance of your team members, you will assume end-to-end responsibility for several product groups within a number of categories. This includes communication with suppliers as well as contributing to our commercial and strategic agenda. More specifically, you will help us minimise our purchasing and production costs while you ensure that development projects are accomplished in terms of time, price and quality.
Your key tasks will include:
- Helping to develop our overall purchasing strategy, focusing on execution
- Executing RFI/RFQ processes and ensuring correct purchasing master data in SAP
- Working with purchasing KPIs to enable best-in-class supplier performance and team results
- Collaborating with manufacturing units as well as our production engineering, technology and product development departments to optimise material utilisation, using the best available analytic tools
- Supporting the expansion of our digital strategy and inclusion of new IT tools
Moreover, you can expect to travel 30-40 days a year to visit our factories, meet with colleagues and negotiate commercial agreements with vendors across Europe.
To succeed in this role, you have strong communication skills, allowing you to establish effective relationships with external suppliers as well as internal stakeholders and make clear agreements. You are eager to learn and share ideas, and above all, you want to use your business understanding in a commercial set-up.
- You hold a commercial or technical degree within e.g. economics, supply chain management or engineering
- You may be a recent graduate, but you may also have some experience within purchasing or sales
- You are highly analytical, enjoy data processing and are an experienced user of Excel
- You have an appetite for new digital tools and are interested in finding new solutions to complex problems of analysis
- You communicate effortlessly in English and look forward to collaborating with colleagues from different countries
In the VELUX Group, we believe in empowering people, and we support this through sharing knowledge, delegating responsibility and continuous employee development. We offer you full training at our purchasing academy where you will get a thorough introduction to our business as well as expanding your knowledge of IT and analytics.
Application and contact
If you would like to know more about this opportunity and the VELUX Group, please visit www.velux.com.
After 15 July, Global Category Director Jesús Villalba will also be ready to answer your questions at +45 7632 9238.
We look forward to receiving your application and CV.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder