Junior Export Cable Project Engineer for the Changhua offshore wind farm
Would you like to take up the technical challenges in relation to export cables for offshore wind farms?
Join us and become Junior Export Cable Project Engineer in our Export Cable Managers department where you’ll be responsible for supporting the supply, jointing and termination works of high-voltage export cables. You’ll be involved in all engineering phases related to the onshore and offshore export cable system for the Changhua project.
We offer you a unique opportunity to learn directly from a team of very experienced scope managers and engineers while acquiring an international network, as you’ll be working closely with colleagues across Europe and Asia.
Your key tasks will be to
- contribute to the engineering of the on- and offshore export cable systems that connect the offshore wind farm to the local transmission grid
- contribute to the management of the interfaces towards external stakeholders and internally towards a multidisciplinary team involving Procurement, Legal, Engineering and Offshore Construction
- contribute to the handling of contractual documents such as variation orders and claims
- assist with the management of a wide range of risks: health and safety, programme, cost, quality and compliance with specifications across the contracts as part of the delivery of the cable system with a main focus on the technical aspects
- help identify the right level of quality required during manufacturing, installation and testing of the cables and accessories during the project execution, including having responsibility for the site-specific system design and testing during manufacturing and onsite installation activities.
Furthermore, you’ll help ensure a proper design of the cable system in all aspects in relation to requirements from the project.
Your competences include that you
- have recently graduated or are currently studying a subject related to electrical engineering or similar
- have good general technical skills
- are quick to learn and gain new technical understanding
- have an enthusiastic work attitude and can organise your own workload and schedule
- are a good communicator and speak and write English fluently
- are able to thrive in an international environment and can create good relationships with your stakeholders.
Additionally, we expect you to be curious to learn how our organisation executes large offshore wind projects. Finally, it’s an advantage - but not a requirement - if you’re familiar with cable standards - CIGRE, IEC, ICEA - and the commercial terms of FIDIC.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 1 December 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Morten Ahrenkiel Vilhelmsen, Manager of the Export Cable Managers department, by telephone on +45 3092 3030 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You may choose freely to be based either at our office in Skærbæk near Fredericia or in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area. However, you should expect some travelling to our international offices and sites in relation to your work.