IT Solution Architect – focus on Microsoft Server technologies and VM
You will become part of an international department of highly experienced & skilled infrastructure architects and specialists, located mainly in Europe.
As part of ‘Compute Services’ you will be a part of a department that is responsible for Enterprise Compute on a global scale, covering the complete lifecycle of Operating System, Virtualization Layers, storage, compute, various infrastructure applications and dedicated systems. The team supports app. 15.000 users spread on multiple locations across the globe.
Your responsibility as IT Solution Architect will cover many different technologies and systems but focused on Microsoft Server technologies and VM. Examples on other technologies could be Storage and Backup solutions – or other skills that you have that fit.
The IT organization is based upon Agile methods and a DevOps culture, meaning that you will be end-to-end responsible for the systems anchored in the IT area and have the opportunity to engage yourself in various cross departmental product teams.
You will play a central role in defining the IT strategy, turning it into a design standard and implementing and supporting this.
You will be a key player in driving, developing and maintaining the on- and off-premises infrastructure required to support the business together with colleagues in the Core IT Services domain and other parts of IT. You will be building and implementing new solutions for MAN Energy Solutions not only from a technical aspect, but you must also be able to anchor the solutions in the organization and ensure that the solution is operational.
You will constantly improve our setup and automate the operation, in order for our organization to focus on delivering value to the business.
You will participate in and contribute to architecture workgroups within MAN Energy Solutions and other brands in the Volkswagen group.
- You enjoy working as part of a highly-qualified team as well as working independently.
- You enjoy working in a large international company.
- You can work as part of projects or head own projects.
- You are self-driven and has a high energy level.
- You can manage simultaneous projects and support cases.
- You acknowledge the importance of delivering projects within agreed time-schedules.
- You are open-minded with excellent communication skills to present, describe and document your work.
- Excellent communication skills in English are a must.
- You have a broad infrastructure understanding.
- You are open for working with technologies outside core competence area.
- You are curious to obtain knowledge on other related infrastructure technologies.
- You have experience in working with outsourced services.
- You have a bachelor's degree or higher in IT related discipline.
- You most likely have experience with project management.
- You are experienced and certified in relevant technologies e.g. Microsoft, VMware
- You are familiar with ITIL and acknowledge the benefits from working with a best practice framework.
- Experience with working in an agile environment is a benefit.
- A busy and interesting job in a social responsible organization.
- The possibility to influence the infrastructure of a large international company.
- Participation in many exiting projects.
- An international working environment.
- The possibility to continuously develop your skills.
- Highly skilled colleagues.
- Flexible working hours.
- Home office
As we support your further career development within MAN Energy Solutions, this role allows you to pursue challenges in other areas.
Workplace is located in Copenhagen or Augsburg. Limited travel activities must be expected.
Application & contact
If you would like to know more about this position, please contact Senior Manager Karsten Thiesen by phone on +45 40139340. If you want further information about our company please visit our homepage www.man-es.com.
Please send us your motivated application and your CV as soon as possible, latest by 10th july 2021 The application should be submitted via our career site at www.man-es.com or use the link at this advertisement.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.