IT Infrastructure Architect
As member of IT Infrastructure Development and Architecture you will be a part of a department that is responsible for the development and implementation
As member of IT Infrastructure Development and Architecture you will be a part of a department that is responsible for the development and implementation of IT infrastructure on a global scale. The department has the design authority for a lot of different technologies: Network, Compute, Storage, Databases, Virtual server/client environments, Operating systems, Active Directory, Management suites, Security solutions and systems such as IP telephony, Exchange and Skype for Business. This means that you will have to interact with many stakeholders both within and outside the department and you will have the possibility to influence many systems and processes.
Your focus area as IT Infrastructure Architect will predominantly be in the area of designing, implementing and maintaining the products within the Microsoft System Center Suite i.e. SCCM and SCOM.
As part of the adaptation you will also be part of implementing Azure and M365 and specifically systems such as Intune.
Besides being responsible for the Microsoft System Center Suite you will be working on many other platforms and technologies depending on your skillset e.g. Microsoft Windows server OS, SQL, VMware ESXi, VMware Horizon, service automation, hybrid cloud solutions, various 3rd party applications etc.
It is expected that you as an architect can engage in dialogue with business and application owners in order to assess the requirements and convert them into efficient IT solutions. Once implemented the solution must be handed over to operations in a professional manner incl. documentation etc.
Besides your technical expertise it is important that you can act strategic, tactical and operational. Create road maps, be able to document, create cost models and create governance models for the systems and services within your responsibility area.
You should expect some degree of 3rd level support and troubleshooting on various IT systems and solutions.
You will become part of an international department of highly experienced & skilled infrastructure architects and specialists, located mainly in Europe and will play a central role in defining and realizing the strategy.
You will be the key responsible person for driving the life-cycle planning and development of the Microsoft System Center Suite primarily SCOM and SCCM. This includes building the models requires in SCOM for service orientated monitoring and housekeeping and troubleshooting on SCCM distribution points, generation of reports etc.
Together with colleagues in the Infrastructure Development and Architecture department and other parts of IT you will be building and implementing new solutions for MAN Diesel & Turbo and you must be able to manage technical project implementation with a well-documented handover to the operational department and outsourcing partners.
You will participate in and contribute to architecture workgroups within MAN Diesel and Turbo as well as other brands within the Volkswagen group.
- You enjoy working as part of a highly-qualified team as well as working independently
- You enjoy working in a large international company
- You can work as part of projects or head own projects
- You are self-driven and has a high energy level
- You can manage simultaneous projects and support cases
- You acknowledge the importance of delivering projects within agreed time-schedules
- You are open-minded with excellent communication skills to present, describe and document your work
- You possess excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written
- You have a broad infrastructure understanding
- You are open for working with technologies outside core competence area
- You are curious to obtain knowledge on other related infrastructure technologies
- You have experience in working with outsourced services
- You have a bachelor's degree or higher in an IT related discipline
- You most likely have experience with project management
- You are experienced and certified in relevant IT technologies
- You are familiar with ITIL and acknowledge the benefits from working with a best practice framework
- A busy and interesting job in a social responsible organization
- The possibility to influence the infrastructure of a large international company
- Participation in many exiting projects
- An international working environment
- The possibility to continuously develop your skills
- Highly skilled colleagues
- Flexible working hours
- A salary matching your qualifications
- A pension scheme and health insurance
As we support your further career development within MAN Diesel and Turbo, this role allows you to pursue challenges in other areas.
Work location is Teglholmsgade 41 - 2450 Copenhagen SV. Some travel activities must be expected.
Application & contact
If you would like to know more about this position, please contact Jacob Bjufstrøm on Jacob.Bjufstroem@man.eu. If you want further information about our company please visit our homepage www.mandieselturbo.com.
Please send us your motivated application and your CV as soon as possible, latest by June 24th 2018. The application should be submitted via our homepage www.mandieselturbo.com or use the link at this advertisement.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder