Internship as Software Developer - Integrate Python into embedded HW
Are you ready to experiment and develop digital products for the future of Grundfos? In Grundfos, we take development to the next level using IoT and digitalization as central elements. If you wish to develop your skills, learn about our products and applications and using the latest technology, this is your chance.
We are based in our Basic Platform Software Department in Bjerringbro, and we are part of our large, international software organization of 110 colleagues. Through Scrum and sprints, you and your colleagues will develop our platform and tools and push it into products - with us, your ideas count! This is your chance to develop your competencies by gaining professional hands-on experience in an inspiring and agile learning environment.
”Everyone in this team will be able to influence the way we work together and with stakeholders. The platform activities we work on is receiving great attention from top management and will be essential in digitizing our product portfolio. There will be a lot to learn, and your challenge will be to understand the products and systems to enhance them with the platform.” says Martin, Lead Systems Engineer.
Develop the digital future
You will have the opportunity to work with the newest technology, experiment and contribute to the development of our releases of the platform. When Grundfos works with innovations and prototype development we miss as way for non-embedded developers to do fast software prototypes. A strong wish in our organization is to be able to utilize a standard scripting language. Suggestion is to integrate a python into Grundfos standard firmware during prototype development.
Tasks could be:
- Get to learn Grundfos’ embedded tools chain based on Renesas Rx65 microcontroller
- Investigate how python can run on a microcontroller and co-existing with Grundfos standard firmware
- Find solution for how the python interactive prompt can be used from PC to target
- How can python scripts be downloaded and persisted in target?
- How can python scripts be executed autonomously during run-time?
- How can we utilize the existing C-API’s from a python script?
What do you need to apply?
- You are in the end of your bachelor’s in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or perhaps studying to become an Information Technologist
- Desire to build high quality solutions and expand your knowledge
- You want to work with embedded software development in all phases of the development process - requirements, design, implementation, testing and verification
- You want to work with the toolchain enabling fast pace in our development teams
- It is a plus if you know Git and/or Jira
- You speak and write English effortlessly
"On a personal level, you know how to collaborate with colleagues across countries and cultures as well as with customers. And you understand the importance of expanding your knowledge and network. Rather than waiting for things to happen, you take a proactive approach, finding answers and creating solutions.”
We imagine the internship starting in February 2020, depending on your study plan.
If you have questions or want to know more about the position, please contact Manager Erik Adam Schulz Laursen on +45 8751 9415 or Lead Systems Engineer Martin Kitchen on +45 6042 9704. The internship will be structured according to your educational demands.
If this job sounds interesting to you, please send your resume and cover letter today by clicking on the link “Ansøg/ apply here”. Deadline for applying is November 1st 2019.
We look forward to hear from you.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.