This is your chance to work with some of the sharpest minds as you do an internship focusing on analytical chemistry and microbiology. You become part of the Analytical Laboratory where, we are 5 colleagues responsible for supporting our R&D organization and production sites with test results of primary water samples and production chemicals that are analyzed for the chemical composition and the content of microbiology. As a part of our team, we guarantee a steep learning curve and we look forward to sharing our knowledge with you – and hear about your ideas.
What is the job about?
We believe that everyone in Grundfos has passion and potential – as well as the power to influence. This is the environment where you will do your internship. We imagine that you will primarily work with developing new test methods and assisting the other team members with troubleshooting on defect instrumentation.
More specifically, you will be involved in running in and validating one or more of the following analytical techniques:
• ICP/OES analysis of selected elements in process water
• GPC/RI to determine the molecular weight distribution of polymers
• HPLC for quantifying surfactants in wastewater
• Additives in polymers by HPLC
We expect the internship to start 2 August and end by 17 December. You will be working for 37 hours per week at our Laboratory in Bjerringbro, but we are of course ready to schedule your working hours around exams and school work. There is a possibility of working from home on agreed days.
What do you need to apply?
- You are studying at bachelor or master level within chemistry/microbiology and possess knowledge within analytical applications.
- You come with a strong quality mindset and have a self-driven approach to challenges, still knowing when to seek sparing to get to your goal effectively.
- You show initiative and work proactively and independently on new assignments, as this will help you make the most of your time with us.
- You have an international outlook and speak and write English fluently.
At Grundfos, we dare to do things that others cannot or dare not do. Our skills commit us to pioneer solutions to the world’s water and climate challenges and improve the quality of life for people. Joining us in your internship, you too can drive this change while improving both your skills and resume. You become part of one big powerful team in an inspiring, learning environment - an opportunity you do not want to miss.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Laboratory Manager, Paul Lyck Hansen at +45 51 62 65 88.
If this sounds appealing to you, please send your resume and cover letter today or no later than 1 May by clicking on the link “Apply for this job”. We encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.