Are you an ambitious student seeking new opportunities to apply your skills in programming? Do you want to enhance your resume by a hands-on experience in data engineering? Do you have a flair for analytics? You might be the intern we are looking for!
About the department
We are seeking an engaged student for an internship in the CMC API Development area. Our area is responsible for developing technologies and processes for the commercial manufacturing of the active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) in our new medicines. Currently, CMC API Development employs 190 people, all located in Denmark.
You will be part of the API Project Office Support and Optimisation team that has the responsibility to support the project managers and other departments in CMC API Development with e.g. cLEAN, training, data analysis and optimisation.
- Internship period: 3-6 months with a possibility of extension
- You must to be enrolled at a university during the whole duration of the internship
- Working hours: equivalent to 2 – 5 days a week upon agreement
- Start date: 1 February 2020
- Internships are remunerated, if your educational track allows
In API Project Office we support the scientists with Analytics solutions. The main focus of the internship will be on:
- Creating and maintaining optimal data pipeline architectures
- Building the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data using SQL and Python
- Assembling data sets
- Building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Working with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
You are a master’s degree student preferably in one of these fields: Analytics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics or similar.
This position requires programming skills in MS SQL, Python (Django, Flask, GUI Packages, etc.) or similar, and knowledge about data pipelines. We don’t expect you to have them all, passion for programming and learning is more important than checking all the boxes. As we are an international team, good English language skills (both in speech and in writing) are required. Previous work experience is an advantage but not a requirement.
Working at Novo Nordisk
Novo Nordisk is one of the most successful pharmaceutical companies in the world. At Novo Nordisk, we share a passion for changing patients’ lives, and we are always looking for talented individuals who want to join us in this effort. Our internships provide exciting learning opportunities for students who bring new ways of thinking to our company.
You will be part of a network of interns in Novo Nordisk offering exciting opportunities for learning and personal growth.
For further information, please contact Lucie Kanerova at +45 3079 3559 or Saeideh Forouzandeh at +45 3079 4103.
Send us your application including the transcript of grades and motivation before 9 November 2020.
Please note that selected applicants will be invited to an interview on an ongoing basis.
Millions rely on us
To work for Novo Nordisk you will need the skills, dedication and ambition to change lives for the better for millions of patients living with diabetes and other chronic diseases. In exchange, we offer the chance to be part of a truly global workplace, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.