Internship in International Climate Resilience
We invite you to bring your climate resilience planning and engineering competencies into play as you contribute to next practice sustainable urban development and high quality solutions. To succeed in this role you must have a passion for climate resilience and adaptation, and be enrolled in a relevant university program. Are you our new intern in international climate resilience? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our department International Water and Climate Resilience
Ramboll is offering an internship in the International Water and Climate Resilience department. As our new intern you will be part of a team that works locally and globally with cities and governments at multiple levels, public utilities, and other asset owners to prepare their systems, infrastructure, and citizens for the future climate changes. We are also working with major international financing institutions (IFIs) and Donors (i.e. World Bank, Asian Development Bank, EU, EIB, EBRD, KfW, Danida), as well as private developers.
We work within water, climate change adaptation and urban development across all stages of the project cycle. Our projects include storm surge protection for the entire coastline of Singapore, cloudburst masterplans for the City of New York, master plan development in Tbilisi, new drinking water treatment technology in Florida, piloting smart-city concepts in South East Asia, amongst many others. We work within policy and planning, advising the European Commission on their role in water and climate adaptation governance at the EU level or other donors with their climate investments planning.
You will be a part of our Water Division where you will support our consultants of the Climate Adaptation division which is currently consisting of three departments. We are dynamic teams with 60 people located mostly in Denmark (Ørestad), but also in Romania, The Netherlands, Albania, Laos, Cambodia and Singapore.
The internship is full time (37 hours/week) starting the 23rd of August 2021 to 31st January 2022. The location will be at the Ramboll Head Office in Copenhagen located next to the Ørestad Metro station.
We are seeking multiple interns for the fall semester with profiles and capabilities similar to the below:
Civil / Environmental Engineer:
- Engineering Support: Support on projects and tenders in preparing Blue-Green Infrastructure strategies and designs, water/wastewater treatment plant designs, stormwater calculations, professional engineering design reports, etc.
- GIS-analysis: Support our project portfolio through the application of spatial data analysis. We mostly use ArcPro by ESRI, CADSS by DHI, FME by Safe, SCALGO, and Mike by DHI suite
- Desktop review: Many of our projects include desktop research, data and literature review, synthesizing reports, gap analysis, etc.
- Communication: You will help formulate presentations, sketching, minutes of meetings, workshop materials, project references, power points, story-telling, technical memos, proofreading of reports and deliverables. etc.
- Ad-hoc Administrative tasks: Your work will also include administrative support for the preparation of expressions of interest and technical proposals for international tenders (CV search of internal and external experts for the projects, formatting, packaging and sending)
International Project Management:
- Tender Support: administrative support for the preparation of expressions of interest and technical proposals for international tenders (CV search of internal and external experts for the projects, formatting, packaging and sending…)
- Visualizations and graphics: Support on projects and tenders in developing meaningful graphics, visualizations, etc. We mainly use the Adobe Suite of InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Desktop analysis: Many of our projects include desktop research, landscape analysis, data gathering & review, synthesizing reports, etc.
- Communication: You will help formulate presentations, sketching, minutes of meetings, workshop materials, project references, power points, technical memos, proofreading of reports and deliverables. etc.
- Ad-hoc Administrative tasks: update of internal platforms (opportunity list, etc..), booking and support for the organization of department meetings, events, travel for internal and external consultants
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
You are in the process of obtaining a bachelor’s degree or are currently studying for a master’s degree in a relevant field at an educational institution in Denmark.
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with capacity to handle many tasks at the same time
- Strong interest in water and climate related matters and technologies, connected to masterplanning and urban development
- Willingness to learn and work in a team, and in possession of excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- You work in a structured way and have an eye for details
- Fluent oral and written English is essential. French or other languages are an advantage but not a precondition.
- Reliable, flexible, and easy to work with
- Prior international experience is an advantage, not a requirement
To work at Ramboll means being part of a people organization. We are focused on knowledge sharing and collaboration across competence areas and geography, and we aim for a strong diversity among our employees. This enables us to solve a broad range of projects, and we firmly believe that cross-collaboration leads to creative and longstanding solutions. Thus, the possibilities at Ramboll are many and diverse – we invest a lot in development of people and offer career paths tailored for each individual.
You will, during the internship, experience how the employees of Ramboll constantly strive to achieve rigorous solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, the end-users and society. Ramboll, being one of Europe’s leading consultancy companies do this by considering the impact and usability of our work including the long-lasting sustainable benefits to our customers and the local communities we operate in.
Welcome to our Water division
At Ramboll, a global team of specialized water consultants support the development of sustainable societies. We assist our clients with their most challenging water management issues, delivering solutions that enable people and nature to flourish. Our main service areas cover Urban development and masterplanning, Climate Adaptation and resilience, Water & Wastewater Treatment, Water Resource Management, and Water & Wastewater Networks.
Ramboll in Denmark
Ramboll is a leading engineering, architecture and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945, with 16,500 employees globally. In Denmark, we are 3,500 colleagues delivering innovative solutions within Buildings, Transport, Water, Environment & Health, Energy and Management Consulting. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future, working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. Please state which of the internships (Civil / Environmental Engineer or International Project Management) you are applying for.
Please note that this internship is reserved for students enrolled in an educational program (throughout the duration of the internship, i.e. up until and including January 2022). Thus, we do not accept candidates who are not yet enrolled in a bachelor or master’s program or who have already graduated with a master’s degree.
Deadline: 30.07.2021. We look forward to receiving your application.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder