Internship fall 2023 - Mechanical Engineering Student (bachelor)
Are you looking for an internship in the fall of 2023? Would you like to turn your theoretical toolbox into practical experience working within mechanical development? Are you ready to kick-start your career working with the newest technologies in the centrifugal pump industry using advanced tools and methods?
This is your chance to work with some of the sharpest minds as you do an internship focusing on mechanical product design for large scale production. You become part of the Motor & Hydraulics product development team within the Domestic Building Services division. Here, we are 12 colleagues responsible for the development and maintenance of medium and small circulators for heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC). As a part of our team, we guarantee a steep learning curve and we look forward to sharing our knowledge with you – and hear about your ideas.
What is the job about?
We believe that everyone in Grundfos has passion and potential – as well as the power to influence. This is the environment where you will do your internship. We imagine that you will work with concept development, prototyping and testing as well as design verification of newly developed parts. In this process, you will have to build a professional network, collaborate with specialists, technicians and project stakeholders. Both for colleagues within and outside the team, you will have the opportunity to practice your communication and presentation skills. More specifically, you will:
- Design parts in 3D and draft 2D-drawings using Catia.
- Rapid prototyping using 3D-printing technologies, machining, and injection molding.
- Perform physical tests along with structural simulation using ANSYS Workbench.
- Prepare professional presentations, analyze results, and perform documentation.
We expect the internship will start in September and ends in January. You will be working for 37 hours at our headquarters in Bjerringbro, but we are of course ready to schedule your working hours around exams and schoolwork. There is a possibility of working from home on agreed days.
What do you need to apply?
- You are studying at bachelor’s level within Mechanical Engineering and possess knowledge within 3D-modelling, machine design and calculations.
- You show initiative and work proactively and independently on new assignments, as this will help you make the most of your time with us.
- You have an international outlook and speak and write English fluently.
- Be able to work within a team.
At Grundfos, we dare to do things that others cannot or dare not do. Our skills commit us to pioneer solutions to the world’s water and climate challenges and improve the quality of life for people. Joining us in your internship, you too can drive this change while improving both your skills and resume. You become part of one big powerful team in an inspiring, learning environment - an opportunity you do not want to miss.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Head of Product Development, HVAC, Jørgen Vest Sørensen at +45 51 24 73 80. If this sounds appealing to you, please send your resume and cover letter today by clicking on the link “Apply for this job”. We encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.