Internship in CMC DP Development within PacBio DNA sequencing
If you are looking for an exciting project in collaboration with the industry where you can use and enhance your skills in molecular biology and DNA sequencing, join us as an Intern in Novo Nordisk and get an opportunity to work side by side with experienced colleagues.
In CMC Bioanalysis we are in the process of implementing the Single-Molecular Real-Time (SMRT) DNA sequencing platform from PacBio as the first laboratory in Denmark. We are currently setting up this new technological platform based on a unique mechanism of DNA sequencing and adapting it to the needs of pharmaceutical development.
We are looking for a highly motivated intern to do a project that aims to investigate some of the fringes of applications of the SMRT-sequencing as part of our implementation process.
The main task of this position will be to isolate very pure, high molecular weight DNA and analyse the makeup and suitability of various library preparations for sequencing. The libraries are sequenced, analysed and evaluated together with our previous experiences with the goal of furthering our understanding and knowledge about the technology and its applications.
The intern project in department 318 is an exciting opportunity to work and learn in a state-of-the-art molecular biology laboratory. In the SMRT-sequencing workflow, we work with various molecular biology techniques, analyses centered around DNA and equipment. Apart from the more basic lab work, the internship offers a chance to familiarize with a unique and highly advanced DNA sequencing platform. Both on the practical level in the lab and with the equipment, but also on the theoretical level learning about applications of the SMRT-sequencing technology.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to influence the project in which he or she will be involved.
We are looking for a passionate and dynamic intern with
- Laboratory experience
- Assay knowledge
- Preferably experience with DNA sequencing and statistics.
- You are currently studying your master’s degree in Pharma technology, Engineering, Biochemistry or other related fields. You must be in their first or second year of their Master
- You are analytical, structured and comfortable managing your own time and deliverables. As a person you are outgoing with a strong personal drive and dedication. You have professional and personal impact that is reflected in your desire to make a true difference.
- Finally, you must have strong work ethic and willingness to take responsibility for your own learning.
Practical information about the internship
- Internship period: 6 months
- Working hours: Flexible (37 hours a week)
- Start date: February 1st, 2021
- Master’s degree student
- Internships are remunerated, if your educational track allows
- A Danish full-time work permit is required
About the department
CMC Bioanalysis is a department in CMC Development located in Novo Nordisk Park, Måløv, in the greater Copenhagen area and is part of Drug Product Development within R&D in Novo Nordisk. The department is responsible for bioassays for the entire Novo Nordisk phase 1 and phase 2 portfolios, and therefore operates under GMP regulation.
Together we drive change
At Novo Nordisk, we don’t wait for change. We drive it. We’re a dynamic company in an even more dynamic industry, and we know that what got us to where we are today is not necessarily what will make us successful in the future. We embrace the spirit of experimentation, striving for excellence without fixating on perfection. We never shy away from opportunities to develop, we seize them. From research and development, through to manufacturing, marketing and sales – we’re all working to move the needle on patient care
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.