Internship - and Bachelor Project Opportunity with Oticon
The framework for the project is Oticon's Audio Explorers Championship. A big DK wide challenge for engineering students focusing on either SW-, mechanical-, or electrical engineering.
The 25 winners will win a trip to New York in August 2020 - and you will of course be joining too. In New York the participants will be attending lectures, enjoy sightseeing and networking while recording the sounds of the urban environment with specially modified hearing instruments.
All costs and living expenses on the trip are paid by Oticon
If this sounds like something for you, then read on below.
Your main task
The main task of your internship will be to pick up the baton from the previous Audio Explorers projects and further develop a mobile App that via Bluetooth interfaces to Oticon's latest hearing aid platform, so that users can label sound environments detected by the hearing aid. The labelled data is uploaded to a cloud where it can be used e.g. for training of AI algorithms.
We imagine that your project will include the following elements:
- Project statement, theoretical considerations and literature studies
- Specification and test of new measurement strategies using the Velox hearing aid platform
- Development of a mobile App for labelling and display of measurement data
- Development of Cloud backend for storing and post-processing of data
- Collection of measurement data in New York
- Post processing of measurement data
- Reporting and evaluation
To be able to fulfil the above tasks, we expect you to have a theoretical (and preferably also practical) background within several of the following topics:
- Acoustics and signal processing
- Implementation and testing of mobile Apps
- Matlab, Python, C# and Xamarin
- Microsoft Power BI.
We imagine that the project will take the form of a 20-week internship followed by a 10-week exam project.
Want to join the team?
Then send your application and CV no later than December 15th, 2019.
We process applications continuously, so do not hesitate to apply as soon as possible.
If you would like to know more about the project, please contact team leader Carsten Borg on either +45 3917 7100 or email@example.com
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.