We are looking for an Installation Engineer to join our Onboard Installation Team in the Onboard Project – a project overseeing the installation of the onboard system on the rolling stock (trains) operating in Denmark.
The Onboard Project is part of the Signalling Programme, which is the largest of its kind in Europe. The programme is fully engaged replacing the old railway signals with European Railway Traffic Management System (ERTMS), Level 2, Baseline 3 technology. This makes Denmark the first country to implement ERTMS on a national scale.
You will work closely with both the Onboard Project Manager and various other stakeholders, including the railway undertakers (train operators).
Your place of employment will be at our headquarters in central Copenhagen close to public transportation at Dybbølsbro Station. However, going on site is part of the job and therefore there will be some travel activity across the country.
Responsibilities and tasks
As Installation Engineer your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Taking decisions on behalf of Banedanmark and communicating them clearly to operators and suppliers
- Monitoring planned activities derived from the master project schedule
- Evaluating issues and initiating appropriate actions
- Following up on installations and progress onboard the trains
- Checking plans and schedules to ensure we have the capacity to fit all trains in scope according to the rollout of the new ERTMS system.
Furthermore, you will also attend the Rolling Stock Working Group (RSWG) with the following tasks:
- Communicating and coordinating with the Onboard Project Team on RSWG activities
- Attending weekly RSWG meetings
- Reviewing RSWG minutes of meetings and other documents that arise from the RSWG
- Following up on actions derived from the RSWG meetings.
Finally, we expect you to lead train survey decisions where your role is as follows:
- Communicating and coordinating with the Onboard Project Team on train survey activities
- Attending train surveys
- Reviewing the supplier installation dossier documents and other survey related documents
- Following up on actions derived from the train surveys.
For you to be the right candidate...
As our office language is English, you must master English at a professional level, written as well as spoken.
You hold a master’s degree in engineering (transport, electronic, production, mathematics, or similar, ideally combined with experience working on projects with rolling stock, railway systems or railway operations. Knowledge of ERTMS is an advantage.
On a personal level, you enjoy working in a multinational work environment where you collaborate with colleagues with many different backgrounds.
You will be employed in relation to the current labour agreement and your salary is settled based on your experiences and qualifications.
Contact and application
For further information, please contact Aishwarya Gawaskar. Please send us your application and resumé as soon as possible.
To apply for the position, click on the box “Ansøg” and follow the instructions.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder