Do you love building innovative prototypes from scratch and do you like playing with new technologies and want to make it part of your day job?
Join us as our new Innovation & Technology Consultant in IT Architecture where you’ll scout for new technologies and provide advice to a wide range of stakeholders. We’re expanding our Innovation & Technology team in IT Architecture to support our business areas with innovative solutions that augment our current IT landscape. We’re currently a small team that dismantles new technologies to investigate if they are just ‘hype’ or can add real business value. We build prototypes with innovative technologies to help the business understand how to best utilise them.
Your key tasks will be to
- participate as subject matter expert in initiatives where new technology domains such as IoT, AI, 3D print or AR are essential to deliver business improvements
- scout and assess new technologies as well as to drive and document pilot projects in the field against relevant use cases and bridging towards IT implementation
- work closely with your colleagues on architectural anchoring of new technologies ensuring relevant disciplines such as security, integration and infrastructure setup are adhered to
- guide and advise business and IT stakeholders on good practice embedding new technologies and liaise with vendors, networks and forums to share early learnings.
Your competences include that you
- hold a relevant degree in technology or engineering and/or have solid experience exploring new technologies and assessing their qualities
- are a ‘just do it’ maker type with hands-on experience in several of the following fields: IoT, AI/Machine learning, Augmented/Virtual Reality, 3D printing, Blockchain technologies
- love hacking prototypes together and can do a bit of everything if the project requires it
- are energised by your specialty on innovation, scouting and assessing new and emerging technologies and you like to share your knowledge
- are familiar with most of these keywords: Azure IoT, Raspberry Pi, Python, Unity, Home automation, Voice assistants, Cloud, front and back-end development, git, minimum viable products, predictive maintenance, beacons.
Moreover, you’re actively seeking new information via networks, fora, vendors etc. You’re a team player, happy to drive progress and can engage and motivate team members around you. You’re a natural problem-solver and devoted to delivering high-quality solutions. You speak and write English fluently and sound Danish language skills is an advantage. You’re familiar with IT disciplines like Agile, Scrum and SAFe as well as with innovation processes as Design Thinking. Experience from the utility or energy sector is an advantage.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 17 August 2018, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Lene Byskov, Manager of Innovation & Technology, by telephone on +45 2488 0442, if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder