For our Innovation Cluster in Aarhus and Støvring, we are looking forward to recruit our new Innovation Engineering Manager.
Marel is the leading global provider of advanced processing systems and services to the Poultry, Meat and Fish industries. In partnership with our customers we are transforming the way food is processed. Our vision is a world where quality food is produced sustainably and affordably. Our state-of-the-art equipment and systems help food processors of all sizes, in all markets, to operate at peak productivity.
Our team is comprised of approximately 4,600 employees worldwide, offices and subsidiaries in 30 countries across six continents, and a network of more than 100 agents and distributors.
Our Innovation Engineering group is supporting our product development teams with technological building blocks and highly skilled competences to both develop and maintain our portfolio of advanced equipment for the food industry. Together with the team you are responsible for developing and maintaining electrical and control cabinets for our standard and customized products and solutions. You will also be responsible for maintaining the mechanical design on our standard products in close co-operation with Service and Supply Chain and provide expertise within vision technology, motion control, laws and legislations, CAD administration and project management.
Your team is divided over two locations, in all 30 people including two Team leaders for the electrical and control teams. Your time will be equally split between these two sites. As the Innovation Engineering Manager you will be a part of the core management team in Innovation in Denmark, and report to the Innovation Cluster Manager.
Besides the above, you are responsible for:
Managing and organizing:
- Organize your team to support the rest of the organization in delivering high quality results and within the agreed deadlines.
- Initiate and implement continuous improvement in the team performance to become best in class in delivering knowledge and specifications for optimal project execution.
- Allocating of resources within the projects together with the Innovation Managers and other stakeholders, where you prioritize according to our goals and budget.
- Be the ambassador in Denmark to promote and develop our product development process. Continue the development of the process, tools and templates together with the global innovation team.
- Ensure continuous progress in developing our tools and guidelines for Hygienic design, Machine safety and Mechanical design standards, in close co-operations with our senior engineers and specialists.
- Setting an example, being a role model and make sure that all employees are compliant towards our rules, values and standards.
- Develop, stimulate and motivate your employees.
- Give feedback regarding the performance of employees, both on their tasks, as well as on their attitude and behavior.
- Establish and maintain a culture in which people feel responsible and receive enough freedom to discuss and act based on their own initiatives.
To be successful as our Innovation Engineering Manager, you need to possess a finished bachelor degree with a technical background within either electrical, software or mechanical engineering. You have broad knowledge and experience in the field of new product development from idea to full implementation, and a good understanding of the interfaces with Service and Supply Chain.
You have experience in a similar leadership position. As a person, you can be best described as focused, open, honest and a multitasker. Your analytical skills can be defined as strong and you are a superb manager of stakeholders.
Working at Marel means working at a multinational company with many chances to develop yourself, take responsibility and show initiative. We offer an exciting job with a representative base salary, attractive secondary benefits in an international atmosphere that supports the company’s vision, and exhibit Marel’s core values Unity, Innovation and Excellence.
Contact information/ The procedure
If you are interested in this position, don’t hesitate to send us your application and CV no later than 22nd of September 2017.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder