Versatile Engineer for Development of Consumables
Akasel A/S, Roskilde
We are looking for our new colleague, who can help us with the further development and optimization of our products used for the preparation of metallographic samples.
Are you the kind of person who loves to be actively involved in the entire process from the idea popping up, the development, the testing to the actual implementation in the production? Then you might be the one we are looking for.
At Akasel we are working to develop, produce and distribute world-class consumables for the metallographic preparation of solid materials. Our products are used in laboratories in some of the most demanding industries around the world. Both within research and development, quality control, failure analysis as well as training.
A wide variety of consumables are used such as cut-off wheels, hot and cold mounting resins, diamond grinding discs, diamond suspensions, polishing cloths and much more. The consumables are specifically designed for metallography and most of them are produced at our own premises.
We work with a global network of suppliers and dedicated distributors in more than 30 countries worldwide.
Internally the language mainly used is Danish but we easily switch language to English when needed. This position requires a solid knowledge of English both verbally and in writing, when communicating with suppliers, distributors etc.
We are experiencing the positive effects of good and stable growth over the past decade, and in less than two years, we have gone from 10 to almost 25 colleagues.
You will be responsible for the further development of our range of consumables used for the different processes when cutting, mounting, grinding and polishing. Subsequently you will make sure the new consumables are ready to be implemented at our production.
As we are a smaller company you will be the main person both responsible for, but also physically involved in the entire processes.
The tasks will be involving the following:
- Abrasives, grinding and cutting plus the theory behind
- Polymer chemistry; epoxy and acrylic as well as water-soluble polymers for making suspensions
- UV curing types of plastic and 3D printing
- Manufacturing of additives
- Materials science
- Writing safety precautions incl. PDS/SDS
- Developing of different kinds of glues
- Control of packing materials
- Colouring of polymers
- Stencil printing and lamination
- Setup development projects in our production
As metallography is a niche area we do not expect you to have a certain knowledge within this. We will make sure you will be thoroughly trained in the specific requirements in this industry.
However, we are looking for a person that:
- Is a trained engineer
- Is technically well-founded and has an inventive personality
- Is curious and can come up with new ideas based on a technical experience
- Is not a specialist within a limited area, but has a wide-ranging technically knowledge
- Can develop and optimize both on our existing products as well as on our bank of ideas
- Is a team player who is energized by interacting and collaborating cross-functionally with many different personalities and backgrounds
- You will experience working with multiple tasks and projects at the same time, why you are good at prioritizing and focusing on the final result
Your strong professional background and creativity means that you can take solutions from the stage of the idea to the development and onwards into the actual use in our production. You can engage your colleagues and take responsibility for creating a professional progress in a process towards a common goal. As a person you are good at collaborating as well as able to work independently with your part of the tasks.
With this job you have the opportunity to develop yourself within many areas as we are still a smaller company in a rapid expansion. You will be working very independently in an international environment with highly experienced colleagues.
We are characterized by being multicultural but at the same time having a family culture based on the respect for the individual. We believe that this culture grows the best in an informal working environment with a large amount of freedom under responsibility. Many of our tasks are solved in close collaboration across our flat organization.
We are located in Svogerslev / Roskilde, close to the highway and with a bus stop just outside our front door.
If you find the job interesting please send your application and CV via the "Ansøg" link.
We evaluate applications on an ongoing basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact HR, Linda Ravn, at Lrc@akasel.com or +45 2844 6232.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.