Join GN Audio – home of Jabra
We continuously strive to create experiences that make life sound better. And with our growing design-driven agenda, and through our amazing earbuds, headphones and other intelligent audio and video solutions, we are ready to challenge the biggest brands within consumer and professional electronics with solutions that sound, look and feel even better.
“Our products have such a privileged place on people’s bodies, and in the places where people live and work.” – Iain Pottie, Global Director of Product Design.
This is why we are establishing our world-class Jabra Design team in Ballerup, northwest of Copenhagen, charged with concepting our future portfolio and design processes and crafting pioneering designs with a strong focus on experience-led design, color, materials and ergonomics.
Ideate, design and develop…
With the goal of delivering innovative product designs, you will:
- Develop product design ideas together with the Head of Design, as part of the design team, as well as with Product Management, R&D and Brand/Marketing
- Create and present preliminary 2D and 3D Sketch illustrations of product concepts for feedback
- Refine designs and create 3D models of products using CAD software
- Create 3D printed prototypes to evaluate their practicality
- Collaborate with concepting and manufacturing engineers to determine production feasibility and cost
- Research and explore demographics of consumer product use, new technologies and trends
- The role of industrial designer will be quite task-oriented and focused on delivering the ideas, data and solutions that are vital to the success of our design projects.
The role of senior industrial designer will have the added responsibility of ensuring strong collaboration and leading a design-driven agenda within the product making community at GN Audio.
Contribute to our brand thinking and design strategy
As a member of the broader product development community at Jabra, you will have the opportunity to work in a cross-disciplinary dynamic with sound/engineering professionals, Product Management, marketing and brand teams, experience and digital creatives as well as an experienced industrial design team. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to future revolutions with our Global Director of Product Design, Iain Pottie, at the helm.
“Our CEO and I have complete ownership of the designs and the design strategy, and we are excited to have you and your colleagues take part in the ownership through close collaboration with us.” – Iain.
Industrial designer with an understanding of consumer electronics
As a visionary and creative soul, you are ready to do some hands-on research, design and problem-solving. You are likewise a very independent thinker but can easily collaborate and adapt to a team approach. Furthermore, you:
- Have 3+ years of experience with industrial technology and design. 7+ if you are applying for the senior position
- Possess knowledge of industrial design techniques and tools involved in the production of wearable consumer electronics – knowledge of engineering for mobile electronic devices is a plus
- Hold a degree in industrial design, or equivalent within other areas related to design theory and practice
- Have robust CAD/CAID and 3D rendering/visualization skills using Creo, Autodesk, SOLIDWORKS, KeyShot, or similar
Would you like to know more?
To apply, use the ‘Ansøg her’ link no later than 19-08-2020. Applications are assessed on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.