What we offer
Would you be interested in influencing what will happen in the future of hearing aids? Do you like to interact with people at all levels within the organization and across borders? Does defining, managing, and implementing sourcing strategies for indirect spend categories - anywhere from software to transportation to professional services etc. - motivate you?
Then this may be your next career growing opportunity. Come join a dedicated and experienced team in the Global Sourcing Organization at Widex and have the world as your office.
As Indirect Category Manager, your primary objective is to a) generate category planning, category management and sourcing strategies for ear-marked projects and proactively propose new projects where colleagues across depts. would benefit from a little advice or a full hands-on support; b) demonstrate leadership in supplier relationship management and (c) secure your place at the table as both a commercial expert and strategic business partner.
Typically, you will be leading or supporting cross functional projects and responsible for completing and realizing targets. Your aim is to set targets from a total cost and risk avoidance perspective, and you will be measured on stakeholder management, total savings, cash flow and contract support.
Key tasks include:
- From sharing adhoc advice to running tenders employing the classic 6 steps of strategic sourcing.
- Identify and qualify potential new suppliers to ensure forward looking visibility of best in class cost, service delivery, service offerings and future service or capability roadmap.
- Maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads and other stakeholders regarding Sourcing activities.
- Identify opportunities for cost and/or process improvements.
- Manage bid proposals (RFI/RFP), requirements documentation (SOW), service level agreements (SLA) and other related documents.
- Negotiate pricing, terms & commercial conditions of contracts; sign contracts and manage through the contract lifecycle.
You are a dedicated, naturally curious person who can drive sourcing projects in a complex organization. You possess a comprehensive sourcing toolbox that you wish to apply in a setting with superior service solutions that improve the quality of life for millions of people with hearing challenges around the world.
As a person, you are outgoing, have a good sense of humour and motivated by seeing the results of your work as well as engaging with others to create them. Your approach is “hard on data, soft on people”. You are a self-starter and convincingly engage stakeholders on all levels of the organization and like creating new relationships.
You hold a university degree in economics, engineering or other relevant education within a commercial area. You have professional experience from a relevant position with proven results.
- Minimum 2-3 years of project management or sourcing manager experience from a large company or consultancy.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to handle large quantitative analyses (experience in TCO modelling is preferred).
- Leadership mindset with ability to run projects independently.
- Fluency in relevant contract terms and experience negotiating with suppliers is a bonus.
- High empathy and good ability to interact across the organization in an international setting.
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal.
- Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint and MS Office Suite.
- LEAN/Six Sigma or other process excellence certified (bonus).
- Some working knowledge of the Danish language preferred.
- Some travel will be expected.
Please submit your application as soon as possible. We will screen and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis. If you require further information about this position, please contact the person who you will be working with: Alan Wood, Indirect Category Manager via email: email@example.com
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder