Do you know how to choose the optimal image processing solution? And thrive in having key responsibility in integrating the right image solution in our endoscopes? Then this newly created and exciting role as Lead Imaging engineer might be the right opportunity for you.
Ambu develops, manufactures and sells medical devices. Millions of patients and healthcare professionals depend on the functionality and performance of Ambu’s products worldwide. Ambu wants to be first in line and deliver new and innovative devices, which rethink existing processes and combine several technologies. We are looking for an Engineer for our Technology research and Image processing team who can participate in shaping the future success of Ambu.
As a team we are an international group and play an important role in the whole endoscopy application. Our group responsibility covers from research for future technology to final product to market. Our group has competences within mechanics design, optics design and testing, imaging processing, project management and we work with key suppliers globally. This position is located at our headquarters in Ballerup where you will be part of an effective innovation culture with a tradition of fast completion of projects, which means that there is a visible link between your results and Ambu’s growth.
Key responsibilities as Image Systems Engineer
High product performance is our trademark, and you will play an important role in further optimising performance by developing the Imaging solutions for Ambu’s single-use scopes. You will work closely with our Product development team, external development partner and you will coordinate closely with our hardware function, our marketing department and our customers.
Your primary tasks will be to:
- Implement imaging solution to endoscope projects, secure camera module integration with other modules/components mechanically and electronically.
- Drive imaging related activities through the complete product project cycle, from scoping phase, define user requirement to concept and development phase, and finally support the verification, validation and submission.
- Analyze and modify camera module in the project if it is necessary, work close to our camera module supplier.
- Work with NPI engineer regarding assembly process.
- Support production to setup with right test and inspection.
- Mainly work with project managers and other system engineers on day to day basis.
- Report and documentation according to medical device standard
Experienced in imaging systems
To be considered for this position, you may hold a Master of Science with focus on Imaging systems or similar such as MSc in Mechanics, Physics, applied Physics, Biomedical Engineering.
Ideally you have at least three to five years’ experience working with imaging/ camera systems. You also need to have good understanding of optical systems and knowledge of image and video processing techniques and a desire to learn more.
You have a deep understanding and interest in camera imaging systems as welll as key skills such as:
- 3+ years experience within product development, preferably with mechanical expertise
- Has experience of designing and developing optical-mechanical component, such as camera, PCB, illumination and electronical wire design
- Beside having mechanical competency, also have good understanding of electronics
- Having worked with visual imaging projects, can perform imaging quality evaluation
- Innovative and User centric
- Self-drive and motivation
- Good communication skills
Highly motivated candidate
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate who has a strong sense of detail with a proactive and flexible mind-set combined with the ability to plan, execute, and meet deadlines. You manage to focus, priorities and document the result of analysis and test in technical reports. As you will be working with external development partners worldwide, it is of great importance that you have good interpersonal skills, including multicultural awareness and sensitivity. Furthermore, using methods and tooling for a structured approach is also natural to you.
It is essential that you have excellent communication and English skills, both written and oral, and that you are willing to travel approximately 15-20 days per year when feasible and safe.
Information and deadline
If you need further information about this job you can contact Imaging Module Manager, Qian Yang on +45 22 38 39 42.
If you are interested in applying for the position, then please apply as soon as possible.
All external recruitment agencies please note that we are recruiting for this posiiton oursleves therefore we will not be able to take calls from recruitment companies and appreciate that you respect this for this and other Ambu job postings.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.