Our Propeller department is growing and we therefore look for a hydrodynamic design and research engineer. Among other things, our team develops some of the world’s most efficient propeller plants with diameters up to 9 meters as well as high-efficient propeller nozzles, rudder bulbs etc. Besides these tasks, the team also develops software for own design tasks and simulation of hydrodynamics. High efficient propulsion propeller plants are among the most efficient contributors to the reduction of CO2 and NOx emissions from the shipping industry.
As Hydrodynamic Design and Research Engineer, your main focus is to…
- Design hydrodynamic propeller plants and propeller blades for specific orders according to customer’s specification
- Give technical feedback with the other employees of the team
- Carry out performance analyses on propulsion solutions in the project phase
- Participate in customer meetings, tank tests and technical seminars
- Participate in specification and development of new hardware- and software solutions
- Participate in design reviews
- Be jointly responsible for supply of propeller blade designs with the correct quality, on time and within budget.
The daily work of the group varies between hectic, challenging deadlines of sales- and delivery projects, to R&D projects demanding immersion and a high degree of innovative thought process. We strive to design the best propulsion plants in the world and make a point of the fact that in cooperation with a number of universities, the team regularly participates in research projects and we wish that team members present papers and/or participate in relevant conferences during the year. Employees of the hydrodynamic team are located in Frederikshavn and Copenhagen.
- You take an interest in and have a flair for the development of customer specific products
- Presumably, you hold a degree as Master of Engineering or a similar Master’s degree within mechanical, fluid mechanical or marine engineering
- You can communicate with the other team members when it comes to technical challenges and details
- You have great focus on quality and the achievement of set goals, both for the team and individual goals
- You are a team player, as one person alone cannot manage our tasks
- You are a skilled communicator in Danish and English, both written and spoken.
Your new team
You will be part of an experienced and dynamic team responsible for design and development of hydrodynamic product solutions for MAN Energy Solutions that primarily consists of engineers at PhD and Master level.
MAN of course offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, including:
- Critical illness insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Good canteen
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility so your work and home life can fit together
Application and contact
Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Ansøg” and attach CV, an application letter and relevant documents. The application deadline is Friday the 17th of January 2020. We’ll conduct interviews during the application period.
If you have any questions, you’re welcome to contact Head of Hydronamics Design, Henrik Marinussen by phone on +45 9620 4268 or our HR Recruitment Partner, Marianne Koch Fischer by phone on +45 9620 4068.
More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.