HV/MV Engineer to ensure excellent performance of all high and medium voltage systems on our offshore wind power sites
Would you like to take up the challenge of being our key specialist for ensuring the technical integrity of the wide range of HV/MV components in the substations and cables across our entire portfolio of offshore wind?
Join us and become an HV/MV Engineer in our Electrical HV/LV department, where you and your colleagues will be responsible for the overall handling of all our electrical wind farm assets in operation. The HV/MV area includes various types of transformers, relays, reactors, switchgears and cables.
Your key tasks will be to
- handle and coordinate technical integrity issues within the HV/MV systems to ensure optimal performance of the operational assets
- collect operational experiences for O&M requirements for improving future offshore wind assets
- define the optimal maintenance of the HV assets, securing the highest possible availability, yet keeping the cost of the maintenance at a minimum
- providing technical specialist knowledge to our operational sites in the UK, DE, and DK
- perform root cause analyses on integrity issues and manage the implementation of the necessary solutions - sometimes via external suppliers.
In addition, you’ll act as technical expert in warranty cases and produce sound, written communication of technical project statuses.
Your competences include that you
- hold an engineering degree in electrical engineering or similar, combined with considerable work experience within HV components and HV cables
- have experience within construction work/offshore work
- preferably have experience with technical project management
- possess a high drive and are a good communicator who can handle many stakeholders
- speak and write English fluently, enabling you to operate efficiently in an international environment.
Moreover, you’re open-minded and have a positive approach to your colleagues and external partners.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 27 January 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Mads Schmidt Jensen, Head of Electrical HV/LV, by telephone on +45 9955 9558 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.