HV/MV Engineer for building transmission systems for offshore wind farms
Would you like to contribute to the green energy transformation by building transmission systems for our future offshore wind farms?
Join us and become our new HV/MV Engineer in the Transformers & HV Components Engineering department (THC) where you’ll be responsible for the HV components in the transmission system between the wind turbines offshore and the grid connection point onshore.
In the THC department, we’re involved in the entire lifecycle of our offshore wind power projects, from the early stages of bid preparation up until handover of the energised wind farm, including design and tendering, fabrication of components, execution of contracts, participation in factory tests, site works and final commissioning. Along the way, you’ll work with a multitude of other engineering disciplines such as SCADA, protection, structural/civil engineering, HV cables, etc.
Your key tasks will be to
- collaborate and coordinate tasks with project members and suppliers of HV components
- align and optimise electrical and mechanical interfaces with key stakeholders such as the structural engineering department
- ensure the quality of the HV components
- develop technical requirements and tender documents, evaluate tender proposals, review detailed design and as-built documentation and support handover to O&M
- coordinate with internal stakeholders and suppliers during FAT, installation, SAT, SIT, energisation and commissioning.
Furthermore, you’ll take part in optimising the wind farm infrastructure and participate in innovating new cost-efficient solutions.
Your competences include that you
- have a relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineering
- understand electrical system design requirements and solutions in HV transmission systems
- have personal drive combined with a structured and proactive approach to your work
- thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your internal and external stakeholders
- have a collaborative approach and thrive on teamwork
- speak and write English fluently.
As a person, you have good communication skills, enabling you to explain complex issues in a simple and yet precise manner. You appreciate gaining and sharing technical knowledge and working with both well-established as well as innovative solutions. You’re excited about delivering to a global pipeline of offshore wind projects together with dedicated colleagues in an international environment.
Furthermore, it’s an advantage, if your professional skills are based on relevant work experience with 66kV-400kV substations or if you have work experience from a supplier of HV components.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 12 August 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For Denmark, please don’t hesitate to contact Jakob Boss Skårhøj, Manager of Transformer & HV Components Engineering, by telephone on +45 9955 6864 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the United Kingdom, please don’t hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening; further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder