HVDC Power System Engineer
Imagine a future where you develop and execute the electrical design of some of the biggest HVDC-connected offshore wind farms in the world in an exciting and fast-growing industry
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for designing the electrical infrastructure of our offshore wind farms and ensuring grid code compliance.
Welcome to Electrical System Design & Grid Integration
You’ll be part of the Electrical System Design and Grid Integration team where you, together with your colleagues, will develop, study, and integrate cutting-edge HVDC technology-based transmission solutions for connecting our offshore wind farms to the grid. The department comprises more than three dozen engineers working in five countries to ensure grid connection solutions for our offshore wind farms in an increasing number of markets across the globe.
You’ll play an important role in:
- designing and developing concepts for the overall electrical power transmission system from the onshore substation to the wind turbine generator
- supporting technical aspects related to applying VSC HVDC technology to our offshore wind farms and their integration to the onshore grid at system level
- reviewing HVDC supplier design documentation and performing HVDC-related simulation studies
- participating in relevant project meetings and cooperating with other team members on shared issues
- keeping track of risks, problems, and decisions through the development of high-quality documentation, and communicating with internal and external stakeholders
- performing power system studies on the wind farm, including power flow, voltage control, dynamic analysis, fault ride through, stability, and harmonic studies.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have at minimum a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- have worked closely with HVDC systems, preferably with experience in integrating renewables and complex grid connections
- have experience with electrical system design and analysis with VSC HVDC systems, using simulation tools like PowerFactory, PSS/E, and PSCAD
- are flexible, adaptive, and comfortable with uncertainty in a fast-changing environment, whilst maintaining a proactive, result-oriented, and systematic approach to your work tasks
- speak and write English fluently
- thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2 August 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Daniel Di Somma, Manager of Grid Connections (US), by telephone on +45 99 55 73 66 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.