Join us as our new HVDC Engineer where you, in close collaboration with passionate colleagues, will provide technical engineering during the design and construction of the HVDC transmission systems for our offshore wind farm projects worldwide. As HVDC Engineer, you’ll develop your project engineering and management skills by supporting us in the delivery of the High Voltage (HV) scope for the onshore and offshore substations in HVDC transmission systems.
Welcome to Transformers & HV Components Management
You’ll be part of Transformers & HV Components Management where you, together with your colleagues, will be involved in the entire lifecycle of our offshore wind farm projects, from bid preparation to handover to O&M, including design, tendering, procurement, contract execution, fabrication of components, and inspection. You’ll interact with a multitude of other engineering disciplines such as electrical system design, SCADA, protection, structural/civil engineering, HV cables, procurement, etc., to target the integration of cost-effective, fit-for-purpose, and highly available and reliable systems.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing technical and commercial aspects of the projects in a fast-changing environment, with you creating structure and setting direction
- collaborating and coordinating tasks with the project manager, engineers, and HV component suppliers, making sure EPC contractors are compliant with the contractual setup
- ensuring that quality and progress are compliant with our delivery model, project schedules, and budgets
- developing technical requirements, evaluating tenders, executing contracts, and doing product development with our suppliers for HVDC systems, STATCOMs, and synchronous condensers, etc.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineering or similar
- have or aspire for a formal project management education and certification like PMI
- understand transmission system design and technology and how power electronic-based equipment can be utilised to enable power transmission and improve grid stability and system performance
- have leadership, communication, and stakeholder management skills, while being good at handling interfaces and collaborating across cultures and functions
- speak and write English fluently and thrive on working in globally distributed teams utilising virtual communication tools with a high degree of diversity, inclusiveness, and equality.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 10 August 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Ole Kjær, Manager, on +4599555417 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some traveling in relation to your work, as you’ll visit suppliers and sites for shorter durations.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.