HSEQ Engineer to the wind industry
Swire Blue Ocean (SBO) are seeking an experienced HSEQ Engineer that can play an active part in the continuous efforts to further develop and improve our HSEQ processes, systems & culture. The role involves providing support to our offshore windfarm installation vessels and the office in all areas of HSEQ.
The main day-to-day duties will include:
- Provide HSEQ insight, knowledge and support in all aspects of HSEQ.
- Manage monthly SBO HSE reporting.
- Maintain the ships SMS systems.
- Plan & execute various safety and quality development projects.
- Provide HSEQ aspects of bid submissions.
- Conduct HSEQ audits - internal & external.
- Develop and implement HSEQ management system processes & procedures.
- Conduct and follow up on accident investigations.
- In periods act as safety advisor onboard the vessels while at sea installing windmill foundations & turbines.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Technical department, Project Department, Sales Department, Vessel Crew, Clients and Suppliers).
SBO is currently making the transition from a marine services provider to deliverer of turnkey T&I construction projects. The role provides an exciting opportunity to participate in shaping a small, but dynamically growing company during a new phase of development. So join us and use your extensive experience to develop & improve our processes and systems.
The position is Copenhagen-based and is a great opportunity for an HSEQ Engineer interested in furthering a career in the offshore wind sector in a growing company.
SBO is scaling up to deliver more complex services, we are looking for an experienced HSEQ Engineer. The successful candidate will be structured and disciplined, with an innovative approach.
The preferred profile would include:
- A BSc or MSc degree or Maritime education on similar level (e.g. Master mariner or Marine engineer).
- Minimum 5 years of experience within a HSEQ role, preferably within offshore wind or oil & gas.
- Significant experience with safety management and quality management (systems, processes & implementation). ISO 9001 / 14001 / 45001.
- Experience with vessel operations and the IMO ISM code is an advantage.
- A natural capability for bridging issues between departments, and ability to prioritise by importance, risk and commercial impact.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate technical matters effectively to audiences at all levels.
- English fluently, both written and spoken.
- The candidate must be able to obtain a health certificate for offshore work.
Swire Blue Ocean
Swire Blue Ocean (SBO) is a leading provider of turbine and foundation installation services to the offshore wind industry. The company has developed a successful reputation, having delivered installation services on over twenty wind farms in Europe to clients such as Dong, Vattenfall and Siemens. SBO’s two jack-up vessels, Pacific Orca and Pacific Osprey are some of the most sophisticated in their field and well positioned to install next generation turbines.
SBO’s ultimate parent company, Swire Pacific Ltd, has been in operation for over 200 years and employs over 130,000 people worldwide. The Swire Group is committed to long-term investment and considers the growth of the offshore wind industry to be an excellent prospect for development within its marine services portfolio.
Interviews will be held on an ongoing basis so be sure to send your application as soon as possible.
For further information contact SBO Head of HSEQ, Bo Lauridsen, mobile +45 2446 7643.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.