HPC System Administrator
The Science Directorate at the European Spallation Source (ESS) , invites applications for a HPC System Administrator position at the Data Manageme
The Science Directorate at the European Spallation Source (ESS) , invites applications for a HPC System Administrator position at the Data Management and Software Centre in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Description of directorate/division/group
We are currently seeking candidates for a 4 year position as Scientific System administration officer at the Data Management and Software Center placed in Copenhagen (DK). The position is funded by the PaNOSC project which will strengthen the collaboration between top-of-the-line science facilities within the neutron / phothon communities. As part of the Data Systems and Technology group you will play a key part in supporting, designing and setting up the data center that will store the data produced at the facility currently being constructed in Lund (SE).
Description of main responsibilities
- Integrate existing services both at DMSC and between DMSC and other scientific facilities in order to cater for online data reduction and analysis of existing scientific data.
- Drive the deployment of new IT hardware and services
- Develop and maintain the DMSC DevOPS stack consisting of deployment and provisioning scripts and change management for deployment and maintenance of services
- Act and report on hardware and service incidents
A successful applicant will:
- have a strong background in computer, technical or natural sciences (Master)
- have experience with developing against Jupyter notebooks and/or running and managing remote desktop environments.
- have experience with high performance computing, network and storage.
- good skills as regular Linux system administration
- be fluent in spoken and written English
The position is a 4 year temporary position. Your work place will be situated in Copenhagen, Denmark.
What ESS can offer
At ESS we offer people with talent and passion a unique opportunity to be involved in the development and building of a world leading facility for materials research. Besides attractive employment and relocation conditions, the flexibility to balance work life with private life and good opportunities to further enhance your skills; you will also enjoy being part of an organizational culture that promotes and supports internal career growth. We pride ourselves in having successful collaboration across different functions, and as the facility continues to grow we will keep nurturing the international and vibrant environment welcoming people from a ll across the world.
Application & Contact
Please provide your curriculum vitae and covering letter in English by clicking on "apply" and following the instructions. Please note we only accept applications via the ESS website.
The deadline for applications is the 23rd of Nov 2018.
For further information regarding the position please contact Group Leader Jesper Rude Selknaes, at JesperRude.Selknaes[at]esss.se
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please contact HR Business Partner, Lanre Odunlami, Lanre.Odunlami[at]esss.se.
We look forward to receiving your application.