High temperature materials expert for future low emission engines
MAN Energy Solutions’ Two-Stroke engine division, powers half of the global fleet and the performance of the engine components strongly depends on the materials. It is therefore important that service feedback, production technology and design are combined with the metallurgy. Your expert knowledge is a key in our mission to decarbonize global shipping.
You will join our Material Technology department, which is part of the Research & Development division. But you will not only work with experts in your own department, as your work with material choice and material development has interfaces with a lot of other departments in MAN Energy Solutions.
You will be developing new high temperature materials and engine components and you will be doing so on modern laboratory equipment covering a tensile testing machine, a fatigue testing machine (HCF and LCF), a fully automatic micro hardness tester, an optical emission spectrometer, a scanning electron microscope, light optical microscopes, a stereomicroscope, grinding and polishing equipment, a corrosion cell etc.
Finally you will also be converting known knowledge of matewrials to improve components in large two stroke engines.
What are you going to do?
As our new colleague and expert metallurgist, you will be:
- Responsible for development of high temperature materials and applications, mainly within Ni-alloys and super-alloys
- Developing of methods for welding of Ni-alloys and Super-alloys
- Providing support to internal and external stakeholders (e.g. engine builders and sub-suppliers)
- Qualifying suppliers of high temperature two stroke engine components
- Developing methods using various metallurgical analysis tools including advanced image processing and thermodynamic calculations
- Doing failure analysis of components from large two stroke engines
Who are you?
We imagine that you have:
- Knowledge of Ni-alloys, super alloys and high temperature corrosion
- Knowledge of welding technologies
- Experience with and interest in practical metallurgy
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage yourself in foreign cultures
How is your new team?
The development work will take place at our main office in Copenhagen, where the material laboratory is located. Limited travelling to our engine builders and their sub-suppliers should be expected. You will be working in a team of approx. 8 persons, who have wide professional foundations, and you will have the opportunity to spread out across adjacent professions.
Who is MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarter in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15,000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2,200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn and Holeby. With more than 250 years of experience in advanced engineering, we deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe. MAN Energy Solutions works on the motto "Future in The Making", because we make a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contribute to a carbon neutral economy.
What can MAN Energy Solutions offer you?
MAN Energy Solutions offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, which among other things includes:
- Health insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility
- Free parking
How do you apply?
If you think the job sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply for position” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents.
The application deadline is Sunday 22nd August 2021. We will conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Magager of Material Technology Steen Krogh Jensen at +45 3385 1720 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
MAN Energy Solutions encourages all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.