Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for leading the Fabrication Management & Supervision department. The department is responsible for securing the progress, quality (structural steel fabrication, surface treatment, architectural, piping, etc.), and fabrication certification for our company’s offshore substations topside and jackets at fabrication yards across the world before they are transported to their final offshore destination.
Welcome to Engineering & Fabrication Management
You’ll be part of our leadership team in Substations Engineering & Fabrication Management where you, together with your colleagues, will help securing the successful delivery of our offshore substations. You’ll report to the director of the technical function. As head of the department, you’ll develop department strategies, processes, and best practices together with your team. You’ll also secure the supply of competent resources to our projects and look after the well-being and development of your employees. The department will consist of around 15 employees with a combination of full-time employees and consultants.
You’ll play an important role in:
- providing skilled and competent resources with the right mindset to the projects
- setting the direction and working out the strategy for the department
- being involved in the review of projects, e.g. budgets, resources, and technical solutions, as well as raising risks and proposing mitigations to ensure the progress of projects
- maintaining and developing concepts, toolboxes, and knowledge, including lessons learned and best practice
- recruiting, coaching, and people development.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are proactive and comfortable managing and developing resources (mostly virtually) across many locations around the world – this requires you to be flexible and willing to travel at times to check in with your employees
- have solid experience either as manager for a fabrication or construction management team or from having worked as a fabrication or construction manager in your past career
- have experience with leadership either as a project manager or as part of a functional line management team
- have an inclusive leadership style where a difference of opinion is seen as an opportunity for improvement
- have a good understanding of how fabrication contractors within the O&G and offshore wind industry work
- have a basic understanding of heavy steel fabrication and knowledge of materials, welding, coating, and NDT.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 January 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jesper Holm Elkjær, Director, on +4599557793 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.