Join us and become Head of Substations Civil Engineering Management where you’ll be responsible for leading a team consisting of 11 civil engineering managers and civil project managers. The department is responsible for designing onshore substations and operation facilities for our offshore wind farms across North America, the United Kingdom, Continental Europe and Asia-Pacific. As the substation is a key component of the transmission systems and the operation facilities a key component in the operation phase, you’ll be exposed to many stakeholders.
We offer an exciting opportunity to lead a team of highly qualified civil engineering managers and civil project managers and a position with a large degree of freedom to set strategic direction and promote innovative solutions.
Your key tasks will be to
- set the direction and work out the strategy for the department, including securing the department’s support for the global expansion by, e.g., liaising with the director of the technical function to secure a link to the overall strategy
- provide simple and cost-efficient solutions built on a safe mindset, including developing an innovative culture and capabilities
- provide skilled and competent resources with the right mindset for programmes and projects
- be involved in the review of projects – budgets, resources and technical solutions – including raising risks and proposing mitigations to ensure project progress
- maintain and develop concepts, toolbox and knowledge, including lessons learned and best practice.
Furthermore, you’ll recruit and onboard new employees and manage people development, including coaching and feedback. You’ll also participate in supplier assessments and key account meetings on request.
- Your competences include that you
- have managerial experience leading teams of highly skilled civil engineers or civil project managers either for a construction contractor or design consultancy
- have an educational background in either civil engineering or structural engineering
- have a sound understanding of large construction works
- have strong skills in writing/formulating technical documents so they are easily adopted by others
- are a strong communicator and excellent at explaining complex matters in a simple way
- are skilled at managing stakeholders, as you’ll be cooperating with many types of people, including being able to make an organisation work together despite geographical and cultural differences.
Join a global leader in green energy
Imagine a future where you power your career while creating a world that runs entirely on green energy. Ørsted has been ranked the world’s most sustainable company and is a global leader in offshore wind energy. With a market share of 30%, we’re not only transforming the way the world is powered – we’re leading the global green energy transition.
To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. You’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment where you learn from the best and get to work on challenging projects that will ignite your potential and unleash your talent.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 8 June 2020, as we will be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jesper Holm Elkjær, Director of Substations Engineering & Fabrication Management, by telephone on +45 99 55 77 93 if you’d like to know more about the position.
As many of our future projects may be located outside Europe, you should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Headquartered in Denmark, Ørsted’s 6,500 employees develop, construct and operate offshore and onshore wind farms, solar farms and energy storage facilities, bioenergy plants and provide energy products to its customers. Ørsted Offshore’s 2,700 employees have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe, and we’re expanding with international activities in the US and Asia-Pacific. For more information on Ørsted, visit orsted.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.