Head of Section for Project Management Consultants, Railways & Metro, 29886
COWI's most exciting job available now as Head of Section for our section within Project Management Consultants in the Railways & Metro department in Lyngby.
COWI's business unit for Railways, Metros, Roads and Airports is looking for a Head of Section who puts the colleagues' well-being and customer needs at its highest.
Are you a dedicated leader with a professional focus on operating and developing a section of project managers assisting the infrastructure projects both smaller and larger with a range of managerial and legal skills, then this might be an interesting position for you.
Organizationally, the section is part of the Railways & Metro department, where you will become the Head of Section for 15 employees located in Lyngby and Aarhus.
You will refer to the Vice President of the Department, which counts a total of 160 colleagues, and you will cooperate with the 9 other sections in the department.
You will be heading a section consisting of project managers capable of managing our largest multi-disciplinary projects and staff members specialized in different project management supporting functions and tools.
High managerial level and flair of good personnel management
You have a relevant educational background at either bachelor or master level and have several years of experience in management and knowledge about supporting tools for project management.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the section continues to develop professionally and organizationally, as well as ensuring optimal resource utilization and overall well-being in the section as well as helping the department to achieve strategic goals.
We expect that the section will develop both in terms of competencies and numbers the coming years.
Your tasks and professional skills include among other things:
- Ensure well-being and professional development
- Spearhead the development of the section
- Contribute to defining and implementing strategies and action plans
- Resource management
- Participate in sales activities
- Participate in project works
- You are fluent in both Danish and English orally and in writing.
You will become part of the department management, where you in cooperation with the other head of sections and directors in the department will help to set the direction and develop the business.
You can relate to the below statements:
- You have thorough knowledge of our professional areas either as a client, from a contractor or other consulting companies
- You are proactive, outgoing and take initiative
- You are passionate about creating commitment and motivation
- You communicate openly and honestly and respect the individual
- You are able to create cooperation across both profession and geography
- You have experience and interest in leadership in a consultancy company
- You have an interest in advising our clients on a high professional level.
COWI as a workplace
In our business unit we have 500 colleagues in railways, metros, roads and airports distributed in offices both inside and outside Denmark.
We offer an exciting job in which we emphasize personal commitment, accountability and independence in everything we do.
We have a good social environment where we work development-oriented, and where coaching and knowledge sharing are essential elements.
You also get plenty of opportunity to influence your own work situation, just as targeted training and development opportunities also comes with the job.
In case you need further information on the position, you are welcome to contact:
Rasmus Kolding, Vice President
Railways & Metro
Mobile: +45 3029 8484
We look forward to receiving your CV and application in English or Danish at the latest on 10 December 2018. Please note that we conduct interviews on an ongoing basis.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.