Head of section for aerial surveying, mapping, Roskilde
Are you a dedicated leader with profound experience within aerial surveying? We are looking for a Head of our Aerial Mapping Operation based in Roskilde, Denmark. In case you are interested, please read on.
If you have a proven track record being a dedicated leader with a professional focus on operating and developing dynamic group of aerial survey specialists, this might be an interesting position for you.
Organizationally, Aerial Survey is part of the Mapping projects department, where you will become the Head of Section for 15 employees based in Roskilde and in several other countries in Europe. On top of that you will manage a high number of sensors and our modern aircraft fleet.
You will refer to the Vice President of the Mapping department, which counts a total number of 400 colleagues worldwide, and you will cooperate with the other sections in the department. You will be located in the Roskilde office. The project department is working in a very international environment with offices in Scandinavia, Poland, Germany, and India.
High managerial level and a high professional level within aerial surveying
You have a relevant educational background at either bachelor or master level and have several years of experience in management and knowledge about aerial survey projects.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the section continues to develop professionally and organizationally, as well as ensuring optimal resource utilization and overall well-being in the section as well as helping the department to achieve strategic goals.
We expect that the section will develop both in terms of competencies and size in the coming years.
Your professional skills are in line with the following tasks:
- Ensure a profitable operation of a survey air fleet
- Establish and maintain an international network of relevant partners
- Spearhead the technical development of the section
- Contribute to defining and implementing strategies and action plans
- Resource management, financial reporting and budgeting
- Contribute to and participate in sales activities and projects.
You will become part of the department management, where you in cooperation with the other head of sections and directors in the department will help to set the direction and develop the business.
You can relate to the below statements:
- You have thorough knowledge of aerial survey industry
- You are proactive, outgoing and take initiative
- You are passionate about creating commitment and motivation
- You communicate openly and honestly and respect the individual
- You can create cooperation across both profession and geography
- You have an interest in advising our clients on a high professional level
- You like to work in a dynamic and intense atmosphere and can make quick decisions
- You are fluent in English orally and in writing.
COWI as a workplace
The Mapping department is an international business priority of COWI, and our team consists of project managers, geospatial experts, production and quality staff around the World. With our modern and substantial data capture and processing capacity in an international network, we participate as a leading partner in many of the largest mapping projects globally. We generate value for our customers as the go-to experts for generating geospatial information.
We offer an exciting job in which we emphasize personal commitment, accountability and independence in everything we do.
We have a good social environment where we work development-oriented, and where coaching and knowledge sharing are essential elements.
You also get plenty of opportunity to influence your own work situation, just as targeted training and development opportunities also comes with the job.
In case you need further information on the position, you are welcome to contact:
Søren Vosgerau Jespersen, Vice President
Mobile: +45 5156 1037
We look forward to receiving your CV and application in English or Danish at the latest on 7 March 2019. Please note that we conduct interviews on an ongoing basis.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.